BOC no more

Jul 25, 2021
Visit site
The Buccaneer Owners Club has shut down due to lack of rallying members, in its 50th year as well, what's the future going to be like for the other owners clubs.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The Buccaneer Owners Club has shut down due to lack of rallying members, in its 50th year as well, what's the future going to be like for the other owners clubs.
Caravan rallying has always been a minor activity, even more so with the growth of caravanning in recent decades.

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
I remember happy times as a kid in the swift owners club.
It's down to my grandparents and parents being members that I have visited so many places in the UK.
Somehow there seemed to be more free time back then, even for my parents and you didn't sit in a traffic jam every Friday evening trying to get anywhere.
It's a shame that it's over for the BOC, but if there is no demand there's not much point in carrying on

Reactions: otherclive
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Not sure one make clubs are that good an idea. Only ever bought the same make once in seven purchases so not for us.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I belong to the the Bailey Owners and Bailey Senator Owners Clubs. Never rallied with them but their Facebook pages are a mine of information swaps daily.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Problem is with owner club rallies, they can be too far for many members to attend. We were members fo the Lunar Owners Club and most of their rallies were in the North of the country and too far for us to travel. In the space of a year they only had one rally that was within and hour or two drive from our residence.

Jul 25, 2021
Visit site
Just an update, we spoke to some friends of ours last week they have bought a two year old Buccaneer, and tried to join the club earlier this year, they were told that they couldn't as it was only for new vans,:rolleyes: bizarre. If that was the case Iam not surprised they have folded.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just an update, we spoke to some friends of ours last week they have bought a two year old Buccaneer, and tried to join the club earlier this year, they were told that they couldn't as it was only for new vans,:rolleyes: bizarre. If that was the case Iam not surprised they have folded.
That’s a very strange membership restriction. Clearly not the sort of club I would wish to join.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We used to regularly attend caravan rallies with the C&CC local district associations.
Most of the local district association rallies are still well attended because, unlike owners club rallies, they are held a reasonable distance from the areas that they represent, they're comparatively inexpensive and no pre-booking is required, rally goers just turn up.
A rule that only admits new members if they have bought a new caravan is a certain recipe for well deserved failure.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If it is the Buccaneer Owner's Club there is not such rule as the Chairman;s Buccaneer caravan is a 2012. I think that the issue was probably that they were not accepting new members as they were about to fold.

Jul 25, 2021
Visit site
Yes you could be correct, having done over 250 rallies with them there was a few stuck up types but very much in the minority.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We use to be member of Bailey owners caravan club some years ago and go on rallies all over the country we found it very enjoyable ,meeting new people even keeping in touch

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts