Booking CLs - how far in advance do you book?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We decided to try this C/L site High Breame Flamborough Bridlington Adults i rang it up 9 months ahead it was fully booked he put my name down in case there was a cancellation and lucky there was so we paid the deposit . Also when we go Amble Northumberland we book that 12 months ahead .
Was this before you hung up your towbar😜
Yes it was a place we wanted to try before the caravan went only ten mins walk to beach and cliffs it was great,

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I usually book April and May in January to same site, reason being that I can get the pitch that suites me (side of lake). In the past these pitches all seem to be booked betimes April comes.

Reactions: Beardy
Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I've mainly used CL sites only occasionally using club or commercial sites. Just last week booked a CL in Cornwall for March, use the site regularly so no deposit but I think new commers have to pay a deposit. Have booked sites as little as 24 hours before hand, ring round for a site. I've found that if the CLs near the coast are full, if you come a few miles inland you will normally find a site. Now with my new van, with solar panel and an extra battery, I will be trying a few sites off grid, haven't done it for years. Some have a nightly site fee of less than the number of fingers you have.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I've mainly used CL sites only occasionally using club or commercial sites. Just last week booked a CL in Cornwall for March, use the site regularly so no deposit but I think new commers have to pay a deposit. Have booked sites as little as 24 hours before hand, ring round for a site. I've found that if the CLs near the coast are full, if you come a few miles inland you will normally find a site. Now with my new van, with solar panel and an extra battery, I will be trying a few sites off grid, haven't done it for years. Some have a nightly site fee of less than the number of fingers you have.
In addition to solar panel etc add in lithium battery and off grid sites start to look very good and no need to carry and extra battery.

Reactions: Mr Grumpy
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Now we haven"t got a caravan we have just booked this a holiday cottage at Long Acres Touring Adult Park near Boston for November 2024 just put a deposit down and pay the balance roughly six weeks before we arrived .

Jul 25, 2021
Visit site
If you want to book hotels/Inns etc and don't want to pay a deposit then book through one of the many websites, we have used "Booking.com" you do pay a little extra but you only pay when at the destination, you can also cancel at any time free of charge, up to 24hrs before arrival, so your money is safely in your bank until needed.

Mar 3, 2022
Visit site
Just thinking, are there many, hard standing pitches, that have water and waste, that are OFF grid. ?
I don't know any but there's no reason to plug in if staying on a site with metered electric.
You'll probably pay quite a bit more than you would for a grass pitch though.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I don't know any but there's no reason to plug in if staying on a site with metered electric.
You'll probably pay quite a bit more than you would for a grass pitch though.
That's what I thought, it is just that there are several Formulates that want to go off grid , but want the "semi" serviced pitch with hard standing.
Summer is ok on grass providing it is not too wet.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
If you want to book hotels/Inns etc and don't want to pay a deposit then book through one of the many websites, we have used "Booking.com" you do pay a little extra but you only pay when at the destination, you can also cancel at any time free of charge, up to 24hrs before arrival, so your money is safely in your bank until needed.
We also use Booking.com but we have included there travel insurance and like what you say you can cancelled any time but we have a break coming up in February for our Anniversary so booked a lodge near Bridlington

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts