Bradcot Portico XL

Sep 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi all

I just got a portico XL with easy alloy poles including an annexe, second hand but without any instructions. Bradcot customer services are as bad as everyone says - I emailed a request over a week ago for a copy or at least a little guidance, which they have opted to ignore.

I have a full size Active with easy alloy poles so I'm not totally green but just wanted some clarification re two poles in particular. They have ground spikes in one end and a steel eyelet at the other.

Are these back legs to go against the caravan?

If so how? do I loop them over the roof pole hooks?

Are they necessary to the structure of a Portico XL? my active doesn't have them?

or are they part of the annexe?

Any guidance appreciated, better still if anyone has one of those printer/ scanner things would they be prepared to email a copy?

Thanks in anticipation of some assistance

Mat

Does anyone have instructions they could scan in and email?

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
U should of bought mine and had a demo on the drive. The rear legs are part of the pole not with an eyelet so may be part of the annex

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Your Portico is the older model and yes those eyelets have to be threaded onto the hook before the hook is 'inserted' into the clip-on pad. We have a Portico Plus which is the same and it is a little bit tricky to do as you end up having to hold quite a few bits in your hand. With practice ....!

The awning sets well as long as you stretch the poles/fabric and peg out well. You have a bit of a job positioning the draught pads but this is trial and error.

Sep 14, 2006
Visit site
Thanks folks.

As I suspected, re the back legs. I'll give it a go at half term. Its getting its first run out then.

I've had it all out and it looks in fantastic nick just worried might be missing some bits. Thanks for the offer to sell Martin but I think I did quite well with this one. I paid

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Thanks folks.

As I suspected, re the back legs. I'll give it a go at half term. Its getting its first run out then.

I've had it all out and it looks in fantastic nick just worried might be missing some bits. Thanks for the offer to sell Martin but I think I did quite well with this one. I paid

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts