Brakes (part suppliers) Bailey S5 pageant.

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm quite happy doing all my own brake work on my cars, and I don't plan to start paying a third party to start servicing the brakes on my new caravan. Any idea where can I buy (online ideally) running gear parts for a series 5 Bailey Pageant?

I've had a look at bailey-parts.co.uk but it doesn't really seem to cater for this kind of job.

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Cheers guys. Am I going to have to open the brakes up to find out which manufacturer/part number they are, or is it related to the chassis (and how do I tell which chassis)?

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It will be an Al-Ko system.
You will need new One Shot nuts and a torque wrench capable of applying 290Nm. You must NEVER reuse the hub nut once it has been disturbed.
The brake shoes are determined by measuring the diameter of the shoes and the width of the shoes.
So, if the diameter is 200mm and the width is 51mm, the shoes you need are 2051.

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Damian-Moderator said:
It will be an Al-Ko system.
You will need new One Shot nuts and a torque wrench capable of applying 290Nm. You must NEVER reuse the hub nut once it has been disturbed.
The brake shoes are determined by measuring the diameter of the shoes and the width of the shoes.
So, if the diameter is 200mm and the width is 51mm, the shoes you need are 2051.

You read my mind on the torque setting- mine won't go quite that high but I'm pretty sure I saw a truck one in my Dad's garage last time I went home :D

Aware of hub nut re-use (or not, more accurately), I apply the same policy on cars.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts