breakdown cover and wheel replacement

Apr 1, 2007
Visit site
We have our caravan insured with the caravan club and our car also came with a years VW roadside assistance cover.

If our caravan has a flat tyre whilst we are towing could someone please tell me who we would contact for assistance. (For various reasons, neither of us is able to change a wheel although we have got a spare wheel for the caravan).

Sep 15, 2006
Visit site
I presume your caravan insurance is for damage/theft rather than breakdown? This would not cover a wheel change.

You may find that VW would change the caravan wheel, but it may not actually be covered under the policy. I took out Caravan club breakdown cover even though my car had breakdown cover in place (it was a company car).

Also worth checking if your VW breakdown cover will recover the caravan if your car breaks down. Some do, some don't. Toyota do, but only to a maximum length of 7m (and mine is 7.2!).

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
We have had punctures on van three seperate occasions in UK and Europe. Breakdown cover came into use and all sorted by them.

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

We have had Green Flag cover for our car, originally through CC, but now part of our package with Zurich, and they have changed caravan wheels for us through both companys, withoutout any query. Also earlier this year when we cut the electric cable to our New!!! caravan completely through, they came out and did a tempory repair so we could get to our destination. We would reccommend to anyone.

Greg..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts