breath test kits

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
jan 2013..- the French government announced that the implementation of the sanction for drivers not carrying a breathalyser – a fine of €11 – has been postponed indefinitely.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Jonny, the key words there are "of the sanction". You still need to carry test kits, although there is no penalty if you don't! Only the French could think that one up.

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I must admit I went to France last month without a breath kit but happened to see a twin pack in a Super U for 1.45 euros good till Dec 2014 so slipped it in the basket for Mrs Chrisbee to pay for. Needn't of bothered, I don't think I saw a single police car the whole time I was away.
smiley-innocent.gif

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Just to add to what others have said in their replies, don't, unless you have lots of money, buy a breathalyser on the ferry or at a well known UK automotive store. They will rip you off. Buy at a French supermarket, if, indeed you can find any, other than Super U, that are bothering to stock them. It seems like another French white elephant.
Out of interest, has anyone out there actually been asked by the French Police to show that they have got one in the car ?

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We found them for sale in the campsite reception, for 1.57€ for two. Don't bother buying them in this country - save the money and spend it on some red wine (two bottles of cheap, or one of 'reasonably cheap')

TRENDING THREADS