Bring back Hanging

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
G

Please Monsieur Le Croc, possibly you can explain your comments. I make no statement for Parksy, he is more than capable of answering himself, but as for myself, I do not have Sky so do not use their channels. I usually use books for my references.

If, However you feel any of our comments are inaccurate you are most welcome to elaborate.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Please Monsieur Le Croc, possibly you can explain your comments. I make no statement for Parksy, he is more than capable of answering himself, but as for myself, I do not have Sky so do not use their channels. I usually use books for my references.

If, However you feel any of our comments are inaccurate you are most welcome to elaborate.
I couldn't be bothered to answer Le croc's comment Scotch Lad.

Like yourself, I don't watch Sky tv channels either and have studied modern history since boyhood through reading and in some cases speaking to people who were there.

G

I couldn't be bothered to answer Le croc's comment Scotch Lad.

Like yourself, I don't watch Sky tv channels either and have studied modern history since boyhood through reading and in some cases speaking to people who were there.
I thought the same, but it is Sunday and the TV is c..p, and I thought 'What the H..l'.

We will see if he responds.

G

All I can sasy is My Dad joined up in 45 He had four brothers who went through from 39 till 45, my great uncle was in the Guards in WW1 and killed at Loos aged 18 I've visited His name on the memorial at Loos, Iv sifted through countless books and internet reseach and come to the conclusion they were all wasting there time, the game is so big and corrupt in its magnitude that we have all been taken for fools.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure that there are many our generation who's parents and relatives served during the War.

My grandfather would tell me tales of the trenches where he served during the Great War.

My father was a regular soldier in the Worcestershire Regiment and saw action on attatchment to the Gurkha Rifles in Burma during world war 2. He left the army in 1948.

His elder brother was killed in action whilst serving with the 11th minesweeping flotilla in the Royal Navy in 1940.

By studying history we can try to avoid the mistakes that led to these wars in the future.

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
le croc if you go on the dungeon tour you would find out all about burke and hare I took my son as he learns visually my daughters also learnt in primary about them

colin brigend you would have the likes of my son locked up for others safety he is 14 and autistic and regularly attacks me as he cannot explain what is wrong. when his medication runs out at night it is awful think before you open up your mouth

on the subject of bringing back the death penalty it will never happen as our euro masters will never allow it but if life mean't life maybe it would be more of a deterrent who knows the problem was made worse when authority was taken off schools and parents to punish children effectively I grew up in the 70's-80's with older parents and would never have dared answer back or come home telling them i'd been in trouble at school as I knew what would happen just like my own girls know it my son doesn't understand the same way

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
if the goverment want to force us to use identity cards , but the do gooders wont let them inforce dna profiles. that would deter most of the scum from offending. a crime could be sorted in days or even hours,it would save police time and money and , if hanging is the solution, youve got your 100% proof. i for one would gladly walk into my nearest police station and take a swab !!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jo - In reply to your posting I must offer my sincere apology to you - as my posting was worded I will agree it was insensative. The point I was trying to put over was the fact that the person who committed the crime was an adult. Many adults have a carer who help them to take their medication as and when necessary. It was obvious that this particular person was one who had slipped through the net.

I will be honest I did not think when making the posting of parents who have children who have to rely on medication to control a personal problem. I would therefore be grateful if you would accept my apology. Many thanks.

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
Jo - In reply to your posting I must offer my sincere apology to you - as my posting was worded I will agree it was insensative. The point I was trying to put over was the fact that the person who committed the crime was an adult. Many adults have a carer who help them to take their medication as and when necessary. It was obvious that this particular person was one who had slipped through the net.

I will be honest I did not think when making the posting of parents who have children who have to rely on medication to control a personal problem. I would therefore be grateful if you would accept my apology. Many thanks.
colin apology accepted thanks for clearing what you mean't up

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Colin

When I read your post I had in mind the heroine addicts on methodone. They miss the methodone and create havoc within society as you describe. Full marks for the apology. We really have to think hard today.....

Incidentally there's a chap ddown the lane who has an autistic lad and they go away regularly in a massive Swift motorhome. The boy, 14, seems to enjoy it as it is part of his domain.

Conversely , Sparkle, tried caravanning with her autistic children and unfortunately it didn't work.

Seems to me there are so many variables these days we all have to just be a little more tolerant and understanding if someone's comment unwittingly goes out of sink.

Keep posting mate.

Cheers

Alan

Apr 22, 2006
Visit site
A point I think that should be cleared up here is a life sentence is as illegal as hanging in this country nowadays.

Under human rights law a convict must be told the maximum sentence they will recieve.

I must admit I find it even more incredible on this forum debating a topic like this that someone has offered an apology and it has been graciously accepted.

Maybe there is hope for us after all.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Slowcoach - if I am in the wrong and can be proven or if I have upset someone with my views or opinions I will always apologise. It is not my intention to cause hurt when I state an opinion. It is a free world and although my views may be such I do not intend to cause hurt or bitterness to anyone. As Alan stated we must be careful in how we express our opinions in order not to cause hurt. In my particular posting it is obvious now that I read over it that it could be misinterpurated and for this I apologised.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
hi all

just picked up this topic trawling through the forums.

same old question same old answer.

george davis

steven kisco

guilford four

birmingham six

colin stagg

to name just a few.

once you put a loop around someones neck it is too late to say oops sorry wrong man.

the case of derek bentley is a reminder of what happens when a convict is hanged, the book shuts end of story he,s guilty so there is no need to look elsewhere,because the justice system does not make mistakes.does it????

colin

G

Whether the aboliton of the death penalty was correct, or not is both an emotive, and confused subject.

Since it was abolished the official rate of murders per quota of the population has doubled. I do accept that other factors should be taken into account such as immigration which has led to a large number of people entering, and living here who have no real concept of our Laws, and who often do not really care. Similarly, the advances in television have made the representation of murder ever more realisitc on our screens, and the small step from fantasy to reality is sometimes easy to make. In addition, the plethora of guns that have also entered the UK in recent years, despite numerous attempts to limit them, must also play a part. Neverthless there is no doubt our society is getting more dangerous and something will have to change to stop it.

In any system there are going to be mistakes made, and the recent release of Mr Hodgson is a case in point. No one would like to see the conviction of an innocent person. But one should also take into account the safety of the majority of the population. If a murderer is hanged, then no other person will be a victim. What would be your own feelings if your child was murdered by someone released from prison for a similar offence?

Now some have argued that life should be the ultimate penalty, but even here the new EU directives from our unelected masters ensure that we can no longer give a life sentence. There has to be a finite time limit, and I doubt the American policy of 150 years would be accepted. If some one is in jail for a long time there will always be someone somewhere who feels that justice is not being carried out correctly and argue for release. After all some people wanted Myra Hindley to be released, but fortunately natural death removed the need for a decision. They will always argue that the offender has changed and is no longer a threat. Who can really tell if that is true , or not, and if you are wrong??? Another innocent victim gets it.

There have been a number of well publicised cases of so called miscarriages of justice, some of which have been mentioned in this thread. However, I am always a bit worried that in many cases no other person is convicted of the crime and therefore feel that often political convenience is the spur to the decision. Any case that revolves around the 'Irish Question' is definitely in that category. In the case of Derek Bentley there is no doubt that he did indeed tell his accompolice to 'Let him have it' and as the accompolice was pointing a gun at the time then if I had been at the scene at that time, then I would have been in no doubt what was going to happen next. We should also remmeber a police man was killed in cold blood, and although Bentley did not pull the trigger he was a integral part of the robbery team and therefore has to accept responsibility.

Anyway, as I hear today that Josef Fritzl has been sentenced to life in a hospital for his crimes, I am sure there are many who would feel he got off very lightly. There is even a legal possibility, although slight at this time, that he could be released one day. I also watched the movie 'Changeling' the other day and there the prepetrator received a sentence of 2 years solitary confinement, and was then hanged.

Which was the more appropriate scenario? I do not know but my feelings lean towards the latter.

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
SL, I may be wrong but I thought judges still had the option of giving a "whole life sentence". This at least keeps us safe whilst leaving the door open for a pardon should the 'prisoner' be proved not guilty at a later date. Advances in DNA have proved that not only is Sean Hodgson's conviction 'unsafe', but that he definitly was not the rapist. Who is to say what science will be showing us in 27 years time? Maybe some of todays overwhelming evedence will be shown to be flawed.

More worrying is the fact that in most of these cases the guilty party is still walking the streets.

G

Most people who commit murder is a spur of the moment decision and dont have the time to think of the consciousness of the situation, if you think hanging is a deterrent to that your wrong.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Let's not forget that Sean Hodgson actually confessed to the murder of the unfortunate barmaid in Southampton which may be why he was convicted.

In the case of Derek Bentley he was tried and convicted according to UK law as it stood at that time and was complicit in the murder of the policeman even though sympathetic film makers have since tried to paint a different picture. I wonder when the film about the murdered policeman will be released?

There was a groundswell of popular support for a pardon to be granted to James Hanratty who was hanged after a jury found him guilty of the A6 murder. Various celebrities jumped on the bandwagon but then DNA profiling found that he had committed the crime and was guilty as charged.

As matters stand the death penalty is no longer an option in Europe and the human rights legislation prevents the government from being complicit in cases abroad where the death penalty may apply. We have no choice other than to abide by present day legislation which I can't imagine is about to be changed as a result of a few posts on a caravan forum.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Chrisbee

I said on an earlier post:-

"Those who do wrong, and are proven beyond absolute doubt that they did wrong, should sufer the penalty commensurate with that wrongdoing. And yes I will happily pull the lever if it helps eradicate the hyenous crimes committed against the honest person."

I stand by my statement and emphasise "proven beyond absolute doubt".

Take that Tracey Andrews murderess. She wrecked an entire family by murdering an innocent man. She was given a life sentence but in truth will soon be released.

I suppose it could be argued we need an American style "Death Row" where prisoners are allowed numerous appeals until in the end the evidence absolutely proves beyond all doubt they did it.

Cheers

Dustydog

G

"And yes I will happily pull the lever if it helps eradicate the hyenous crimes committed against the honest person"

Hanging wont work has a deterrent so whats left is revenge, the pictures of Saddam being hanged plasted all over the sun newspapers front page was sick and appeals to a base element of society.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
But look at the cost of keeping the Yorkshire Ripper in prison. And now there are rumours he may be let out.

Come on Le Croc if one of the victims had been your wife or daughter how would you feel?

It's nothing to do with revenge. Arguably a long stint in prison is probably worse than death?

Cheers

Dustydog

G

Dustydog, How many people who say "string em up" then 'sit down' and enjoy a programme featuring Leslie Gratham? a convicted murderer, seems to me its 'oh well he's a nice murderer' is it justice to hang someone? or revenge? definately not a deterrent.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Le Croc

Irrespective of the differring views here the operative word has to be "deterrent".

I honestly believe there would be less murders if the villains knew they could hang.

Cheers

Dustydog

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi there

I must say this. If someone went out of there way to kill my wife or kids it would be REVENGE. I would kill them then hand myself in to the police NO if,s or BUTS if the law will not deal with these people then I would do it for them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts