British Gas info

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Have you all had your info off BG.

For a change I read mine, very interesting.

Especially the part that says (you don't need to read your meter on the day)WE WILL ESTIMATE THE CHANGE OVER.

Hope they can ride bikes, that's what they will be doing for me.

My meter will be read and photgraphed, emailed and BG will be notified on the day.

After my last bill I'm taking no chances.

G

After all the recent publcicity regarding British Gas and Scottish power putting up their prices I thought I had better have a look and see if we could do better. Did all the entry into Uswitch etc which came up with Powergen and a saving of up to

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
......... and the PowerGen spokesperson said they need to raise prices to be competitive with the other providers. I thought Mrs Thatchers idea of privatisation and competition was to undercut the others not to match them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We changed from British Gas & Powergen to Scottish Power in January 2005. reason was that both suppliers had kept increasing

their bills on a frequent basis, We have saved quite a lot over the past year, and Scottish Power is at the moment the lowest supplier to increase there prices.

Living in sunny Essex ( No snow at the moment)its strange that Scottish Power can suppy both Gas and Elect to our house far cheaper than our previous suppliers. It must be down th there overheads.

Roy

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
We changed from British Gas & Powergen to Scottish Power in January 2005. reason was that both suppliers had kept increasing

their bills on a frequent basis, We have saved quite a lot over the past year, and Scottish Power is at the moment the lowest supplier to increase there prices.

Living in sunny Essex ( No snow at the moment)its strange that Scottish Power can suppy both Gas and Elect to our house far cheaper than our previous suppliers. It must be down th there overheads.

Roy
it's cos it all down hill

ttfn

mike

G

I had also looked at Scottish power, as they already supply my electric from the good old days of SSEB, and their HQ is just down the road, not that that makes any difference. However, their prices over the year came out at very little differnece to keeping the split between them and BG. I feel a lot of the so caled savings are merely discounts that only apply if you are a big user, or disappear after the end of year 1. As they say, there is no such thing as a free lunch.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
S.L, might not be a free lunch but you can get a cheaper lunch! we swithched from BG and SWEB to duel fuel Scottish power and will be saving

G

I am still trying to work this one out. The thing that hits me is that the Companies all charge per quarter and the tariffs increase depending on your useage per quarter. Well, we try to get away for a lot of the summer so the usage then is very low, but conversely is higher in the winter. So taking an annual consumption is not accurate and can easily 'lose'

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
The secret is to !!!!!!off in the winter. Preferability all of it. You then are secure in the knowledge that you cheating B.G. ( or whoever) out of their

G

I agree totally with the philosophy, however, as a Scot who had his blood 'thinned' by living too long in the sun I would need to go somewhere with a temperature above 28C. Taking the caravan in wintertime kinds limits that option a bit. Last year we went to Oz for the Xmas period, but that was a bit too expensive to repeat every year, plus it ain't that civilized, oops! no Aussies out there are there? Malaysia is still on my list, 30-32 degrees every day of the year, but caravanning??? well, maybe not.

The other 'downer' is I would miss the Edinburgh Kings Theatre Pantomime, a classic not ever to be missed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts