Brittany Ferry Prices 2008 !!!!

Jul 4, 2005
Visit site
Ive just booked my ferry for July 2008 from Plymouth to Roscoff return to find the price has dropped by £210!!

What a bargain - why this is I have no idea but all my details and even the travel dates / days are exactly the same just the price is cheaper.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've just tried the Brittany site for crossings Jan 2008 back April 2008 and find them just about the same as last year.

Oddly their prices are exactly the same or slightly lower than booking through the Caravan Club. What's happened to member's discounts ?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Partial answer to my own question. I asked CC when discounts for brittany 2008 would be on the CC website and was told they already were.

Checked both CC and BF websites and got

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ray, I did the same this year. The other point is the price quoted by BF is the price paid today if paid in full with debit card or with a surcharge if Credit Card.

With CC I only paid

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Andrew, the problem is of course that there is no price schedule published anymore. Previously you could look at the BF brochure, works out how much it is costing, compare with CC & C&CC and take the best deal.

Not anymore you are at the mercy of BF's pricing on demand. How do we know that booking early is really a bargain. If the ferry has empty places and you book on the day of travel do you get a bargain?

I also have it on very good authority that a like for like return trip which starts in either Poole or Cherbourg have diifferent prices - guess which one is the cheapest?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Andrew, I've just had the same thing but with lesser difference and due to the credit / debit card thing decided to stick with CC. Brought it to their attention and now they say they are sending me a (small) cheque to restore some differential. they genuinely did not seem to be aware of the problem, so may be worth a try too.

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Ray. I have not yet booked as I am waiting for LD lines to open up bookings for June. Despite some negative comments on this site I found everything basic but fine last June and would certainly use again if there was a significant price difference.

The timings also suit me fine. If the price was about the same I would travel Brittany but last year the difference was big. Trouble is a lot of people know this now and I guess they will put up prices for 2008.

Andrew

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
Have just booked LD lines Ports - Le Havre for June next year through CC. Then compared the same times , cabins etc with Brittany Ferries again through the CC. The diff was

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Louis Dreyfus Armateurs - the company now allied to Transmanche Ferries, providing ferry services, and part of a large transport conglomerate based in France.

Aug 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi there

I am taking it that CC is just the Caravan Club, not the Camping and Caravanning Club which we are members of. Are they as good as each other or do you think its best to join both?

We will be looking for a deal for the ferry this Winter, best to book via one of the clubs or direct?

Cheers

Carole

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just got back from a UK trip and there on the mat was the cheque from the caravan Club for the difference between the Brittany ferry price and the club price - just like they said they would do. looks like a glitch on the CC website, which by now they may be fixing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts