Brittany Ferry Salamanca

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
We are travelling to Spain in May (Portsmouth Bilbao) on Salamanca, anyone sailed on it yet, if so ?
Whats it like,
Is the food good, are meal times well organized
Loading and disembarking times,
Will not take food but do,es Customs search and increase disembarking times,
We have in the past on return to Bilbao Ferry Port parked overnight in the Port but not sure if thats still possible.
Any info would be helpfull.

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
We have in the past on return to Bilbao Ferry Port parked overnight in the Port but not sure if thats still possible.

I've done it several times over the years and it's popular so I can't see why they would stop it. The last time I did it was the end of February 2020 - just as Covid was starting.

May 16, 2022
Visit site
We are travelling to Spain in May (Portsmouth Bilbao) on Salamanca, anyone sailed on it yet, if so ?
Whats it like,
Is the food good, are meal times well organized
Loading and disembarking times,
Will not take food but do,es Customs search and increase disembarking times,
Any info would be helpfull.

Hi Saladin Salamanca on 31st March, good crossing good was good and meal times reasonable.
Thought some prices for meals expensive but it is what is. Cabin was excellent and comfy good choice on the Video on demand.
There had been a small covid outbreak among the staff, so some of our facilities were not available. No entertainment. One restaurant closed (the tapas bar) good outside area.
Did not get searched at either port. Just asked if we had dog then waved us through.
Enjoy

Reactions: Hutch
Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
We sailed to Bilbao on the 7th of April. It was only the 3rd crossing and the staff were still getting into the swing of things but we loved it. Had a Comodore cabin which althouth like a cupboard gave us access to the premier lounge where we were able to spend a very relaxing day complete with free food and drink.
No problems at Bilbao and after getting our passports stamped we were on our way.
Have already booked again

Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts