Broad Lane Group

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Well I have to say that I agree with the earlier posters that I have nothing but praise for Broad Lane Daventry. Complete novices walking in there and purchasing our first van they could not have been more helpful. The time that they spent with us, explaining everything and making sure we had everything we needed.

We picked our van up on Saturday and used it for the first time on Saturday night. Considering the van we purchased off them was probably one of the cheapest ones they had, they gave us their full undivided attention at all times.

Popped back in on Sunday as the hitchlock we had didn't fit and they sorted that out for us straight away.

Couldn't fault them!

If you read this - cheers guys!
Thanks Kirstie.Comments appreciated.I only look at the Forum every now and then (Too busy), but it does concern me that we get a few negative comments posted.I really am sorry for any customer recieving bad service from the Broad Lane Group.A lot of the praise is heaped on the sales teams but the negative relates to the service side when people have had problems.Interesting....

It is a shame for the aftersales teams.They get to deal with people when things have gone wrong with the van and are therefore when the customer is not too happy.They work really hard and are enormously busy.But we are not a car dealership.We do not get the massive investment from the manufacturers that car dealers enjoy.We are multi franchise when your local car dealers are single franchise.Models of car run for about 3-4 years ensuring continuity and ease of parts supply.You can get most car spares same or at least next day.Unfortunately we have to quote 6-8 weeks for most caravan parts.If the part arrives wrong we wait again and in a lot of cases the customer has used the van with broken parts throughout the season.Caravns models change every year (Traditionaly, although Bailey are changing this) which makes it impossible for us to hold the spares in stock.We get zero investment from the manufacturers other than the odd training course.And as mentioned we are multi franchise which means we have to deal with 6 or 7 different ordering systems and follow different proce-+ures.

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Kirstie.Comments appreciated.I only look at the Forum every now and then (Too busy), but it does concern me that we get a few negative comments posted.I really am sorry for any customer recieving bad service from the Broad Lane Group.A lot of the praise is heaped on the sales teams but the negative relates to the service side when people have had problems.Interesting....

It is a shame for the aftersales teams.They get to deal with people when things have gone wrong with the van and are therefore when the customer is not too happy.They work really hard and are enormously busy.But we are not a car dealership.We do not get the massive investment from the manufacturers that car dealers enjoy.We are multi franchise when your local car dealers are single franchise.Models of car run for about 3-4 years ensuring continuity and ease of parts supply.You can get most car spares same or at least next day.Unfortunately we have to quote 6-8 weeks for most caravan parts.If the part arrives wrong we wait again and in a lot of cases the customer has used the van with broken parts throughout the season.Caravns models change every year (Traditionaly, although Bailey are changing this) which makes it impossible for us to hold the spares in stock.We get zero investment from the manufacturers other than the odd training course.And as mentioned we are multi franchise which means we have to deal with 6 or 7 different ordering systems and follow different proce-+ures.
Sorry, I hit submit by mistake.I would normally have checked my spelling..

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
And so the tale of woe continues! father in Law's Bailey Pageant S6 Monarch has been at BL Alcester for last 4 weeks and no furtehr forward. Same problem. Oven doesn't work. BL say Bailey have not provided a "part". Oven is made by Spinflo and I bet the part lies in the spares dept or shop at BL.

Pretty poor show this. I'm so glad my dealer of many yearsnear Bristol has been exemplary!!

Cheers

Alan

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Alan

We have a S6 Bailey Burgundy new last December. Cooker broke down New Year's Eve I had to keep the oven door open for a flame high. Spinflo came out and replaced the control valve, everything seem to work fine when he tested it until we went away in it and found we still had the problem. Spoke to our local dealer on return not the one we purchased van off and apparently the Spinfo had expereinced this problem in earlier models of the van, the burner is far away from the ignighter to stay alight/strong the plate had to be removed and new holes drilled. Works a treat now, had a lovely chicken dinner on Sunday.

What is annoying is Spinflo knew about this problem but they never rectify them or let anybody know. Hope this helps

Allyson

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Please don't take this the wrong way but it's good to hear that there are other caravanners who have problems getting problems rectified through their dealerships as it makes you feel you are not alone !

Had many problems with my 2003 Swift and my current 2006 Bessacarr from 2 different dealers in Norfolk. The main complaint is the physical time it takes to get a satisfactory solution. I actually sold the Swift with outstanding warranty issues, 3 years old.

If you go to a dealer get a good deal and never have a problem with the van then all dealers are fine. A quality dealer can be judged the first time you have a problem to resolve. It's just like an insurance policy. It doesn't matter how effectively you can purchase the policy over the internet the proof of the pudding is when you have a claim !

Bill

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Allyson

many thanks for the pearls of wisdom. I have told my father in law and he is speking to BL about the real solution. You would think they would know better!

Cheers

Alan

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Update. BL are talking to spinflo, so they say.

More news will follow.

Anyone else had this oven problem?

Cheers

Alan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts