Budget Gadgets

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2023
Visit site
My best budget piece was to cut a 1 meter length of three core cable from an old microwave, then chop it in half. Then each section was pushed into the cam track of the Heki rooflight. When using the rooflight I remove the cable and push it back in after the rooflight is in position. It would stop the rooflight getting flicked wide open by wind gusts, which it seemed particularly sensitive too.

Second best which cost a lot more was a HDPE chopping board which could take the footplate of my jack without distortion. Very expensive as my wife insisted that I bought her a new one of the right colour.
View attachment 2541

Nov 22, 2023
Visit site
My best budget piece was to cut a 1 meter length of three core cable from an old microwave, then chop it in half. Then each section was pushed into the cam track of the Heki rooflight. When using the rooflight I remove the cable and push it back in after the rooflight is in position. It would stop the rooflight getting flicked wide open by wind gusts, which it seemed particularly sensitive too.

Second best which cost a lot more was a HDPE chopping board which could take the footplate of my jack without distortion. Very expensive as my wife insisted that I bought her a new one of the right colour.
View attachment 2541
I did that too and it worked well. But I'm working on something a bit easier to use. Watch this space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS