Bulldog Stabiliser and a swan neck tow bar

May 8, 2005
Visit site
Hi

i have a bulldog stabiliser (200Q) and have recently had a Westfalia swan neck towbar fitted to my Vectra estate. I have located a bracket at Bulldog which can be bolted to a swan neck but it warns that it is not for tapered tow bars. The westfalia I have has a slight taper from the bend to the underneath of the ball so I assume that the Bulldog bracket will not work properly. Any known alternatives?

May 21, 2008
Visit site
What you could try doing is to wrap a singlt layer of old cycle inner tube round the swan neck where the clamp is going to fit from the stabiliser. This should take up a slight taper and also aid gripping of the clamp. Worth a try, but keepan eye on it to see if there is any movement.

Apr 2, 2005
Visit site
The Bulldog swan neck adaptor bracket fits on the straight section of the towball not on the part immediately below the ball before the bend. It will fit a slight taper as the two halves can align as they are bolted together so long as the two faces do not actually meet. Do not use inner tube or any other spacer material, it is essential that the bracket clamps tightly and the locking grub screw bites into the towbar to prevent rotation of the bracket. I have a spare bracket that you can have for the cost of postage or you can collect. Beejay

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Barry

I have a Bulldog car plate that I have recently taken off my saab, and it was a swan neck type. It clamps to the base of the tow bar.

It was bought from Bulldog but it is not shown on its website.

I can send you pictures if it is any help.

Tony

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts