Burton on Trent

May 5, 2005
Visit site
Looking for a nice site for a weekend near here have to collect a part and it would be nice to have a weekend away in the van

Thank you

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi

Sorry, if this post comes out wrong but this is my first posting on the forum.

I live in Swadlincote, a mile up the road from Conkers. I can thoroughly recommend that you stay there. I am not too sure what the facilities are like at the caravan and camping club but Conkers as a whole is lovely.

They also have a lakeside restaurant which does the most fantastic carvery sunday lunch.

Thanks

Sam

May 5, 2005
Visit site
Thanks all for your input,a friend suggested Beehive but thinks they are closed til spring,I'll have a ring around the sites suggested.

Best wishes Dave

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Deli Dave,Beehive is not closed I have just spoken to them and they only closed over Christmas their number is 01283 763981 they have nice walks,cafe,fishing lakes two village pubs and close to the Forrestry Centre and National Memorial Arboretum

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
My children used to go to Coton in the Elms School so I know Beehive Farm really well. They do lovely cooked breakfasts, and the homemade cakes are gorgeous. It is in a really lovely area and you are about 20 mins max on a slow drive to Burton on Trent.

Just to advise you, that you if you decide to stay here then you will be better following the A511 into Burton as through the back country roads you will pass through a village near Drakelow where the speed ramps are a nightmare along with the narrow roads. There is also a very narrow bridge, and I think you may encounter difficulties getting across it with your caravan. I am new to caravanning, and I would be very nervous taking my caravan through the very narrow country lanes.

However, as you are probably very experienced it might be okay for you but please check!!!

Sam

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
I would agree you do not,repeat do not want to go over the bridge at Walton as it is 7' max width.

Either go Croxall or as sam says A444 to a little roundabout and turn left there.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts