buying a new (to us) caravan

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks,
We're not totally new to caravanning as we have owned and towed a van before. However we have since changed car (and discovered our current car is not as good a towcar) and our previous caravan was unfortunately set on fire by some undesirables! We are now looking for another caravan and I am a bit paranoid about ensuring a good match and to be honest am finding it all a bit confusing.
We have a 54 plate vauxhall zafira life dti 1995cc. I've looked through the handbook and found the kerbweight to be 1448kg, the details on the weight plate are mpgvw 2075kg and mpgtw 3170kg. So for an 85% match I'm looking at a mtplm of 1230.8kg, as the difference between the 2 figures on the car plate is only 1095kg is it this figure i need to use?
I'm also surprised that the majority of caravans I've seen for sale don't give the weight info and some sellers don't even know it or where to find it!

Any clarification would be much appreciated. Thanks Lou

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Lou, big welcome to the forum you will get the answers on here.
smiley-smile.gif

Post your question in the general section where more people will see it and you will have the chance of good answers.
Some of them dont pop into this section
smiley-undecided.gif

Good luck on your search and keep us informed of what you get.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Lou
Caravan weights are normally shown on the plate near to the door. If you are browsing caravans for sale on the internet simply Google the make and model of the caravan and it's usually possible to find the information, quite often from dealers or manufacturers websites.
If you have any difficulties in using this forum such as having to fil in the word verification or text failing to appear please let me know via my contact link and I'll try to help
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts