Cadac Barbecue

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Are the Cadac Carri Chef Barbecues any good and is it worth getting the Delux version or is there bits that won't be used?

Any Info, feedback much appreciated.

Brian

Jul 4, 2005
Visit site
I bought the Cadac, kept it for a week then bought a Beauclaire.

I found I couldnt get the required heat from the Cadac. As a note the Beauclaire has been fantastic.

Feb 24, 2007
Visit site
Cadac is brilliant cannot fault it in anyway .. we have cooked everything on it , breakfasts , steaks , paella's , rissottos ,the lot , never found any trouble with it all , cadac after sales service is second to none.

Cannot understand how you cannot control heat on it , never had any trouble .

Harry

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thank's Harry, let me say, Iv'e never used a gas barbi, only the use once ones when away in the Caravan and then only occasionaly.

Thought a gas one would useup my unused propane, with the correct regulator etc and I could also use it at home. Used Charcoal ones extensively at home and wondered if gas was as good?

More thoughts and reviews please, will be appreciated.

Brian

Feb 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi Brian,

The cadac does not use up much gas, you dont have to wait for the heat its there instantly . Plenty of varation in cooking plates you can even cook a chicken in it. I suppose the downside is you got to clean the skottle or whatever utensil you are using but they do clean easily. No messy charcoal to get rid off.

My favourite is the breakfast, if weather permits two minutes setting it up outside the awning with a table beside you and away you go. Sausages , bacon , eggs ,mushrooms ... yummy ! Just talking about it is making me hungry .... think i will go and look in the fridge ..... excuse me please ... Harry

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Cadac is a brilliant piece of kit.

We use it every day for 3 weeks in France each summer with a 6kg propane cylinder which has usually has about a third left at the end of the holiday.

Never had a problem with insufficient heat

Feb 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi.

Bought the Cadec Carri Chef, used it for the first time Easter weekend, well impressed with it. We done mexican chicken, bbqed chicken, steak, salmon, tuna, prawns, stir fry, breakfasts, you name it we did it. Fantastic bit of kit, best 90 quid I've spent so far!

Phil.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Bri

Just been converted to Cadac, excellent results, as the others have said, heats up quickly,easy to clean,cooks quickly, we bought the deluxe model, everything included

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can see the point about not getting hot enough but that is possibly not the fault of the Cadac.

I have used mine for a couple of years and think it is great. I have also used it for the past couple of years by plugging into the caravan bbq point. I use calor propane. My last caravan used an old style regulator attached to the gas bottle. The cadac got really hot, eg when steaks were placed on a hot plate they sealed immediately and there was hardly any moisture came out.

My current caravan has a fixed universal regulator. The new regulator releases propane at a lower pressure than the traditional regulator. This apparently causes a slightly cooler flame which doesn't heat up the cadac as much.

I still use it and it still cooks really well but the loss in temperature is noticeable. My steaks don't immediately seal now, they lose moisture during cooking but it won't stop me using my cadac.

I suppose I could use my spare bottle and a traditional regulator but it is to convienient to just plug the hose in.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for all your replies, I was intending to use it on my spare 6kg propane bottle but is it the propane that gives the cooler flame or is that down to the regulator in use?

I have a propane reg that came spare with a Patio Heater so Intended to use that as the portable reg. Once again, thanks

Brian

Jul 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Brian,

Its propane (the red bottles and Patio Gas) that burns hotter than the gas in the Blue cylinders (Butane)

I'll be honest when I had my Cadac (1 week only) I think it must have been faulty as you couldnt even fry an egg on it !!!

I also know lots of people who have Cadacs with no problems at all. The Beauclaire has been fantastic from day one though...."and a better class of cooking implement, compared to the more common Cadac"!!!! That should raise a few replies

regards,

Litespeed

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Brain,

Its the regulator pressure that causes propane to burn hotter. When propane and butane are burnt at the same pressure, butane is hotter. If you intend to use your spare propane through a red propane regulator your flame and therefore your cadac (or your Beauclaire) will be at its hottest.

Enjoy. By the way, don't bother with the BBQ rack, just use the hotplate.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Wouldn't be without it. Cooking a pleasure even for the kids and their customer service excellent too. Made the daft mistake of putting skottle handles over the heat and melted them. A quick e-mail and we received complimentary new ones within 48 hours. Excellent product, company and food!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Keith, I can't find any ref to greatoutdoors? Can you post the full www address?

Thanks

Brian
Hi Bri

Please accept my apologies, posted the wrong web address, try www.amazingoutdoors.com or you can call them on 08009156610 for a catalogue, or 08451204718 to speak to the sales team, once again sorry for the wrong address last time.

Keith

Jun 1, 2006
Visit site
A fine piece of kit. Well-made, easy to use, easy to clean - just a bit heavy to lug about. Have used charcoal and lava rock/gas in the past but wouldn't use anything else now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts