CADAC non stick foil .

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Had a Cadac for about 12+ years, never had a non stick foil thing! -- What is it?

What's a Cadac. :p :whistle: :evil: Most caravans come with a cooker. :cheer:

Edit - we bought a gas bar-b-que about 15 years ago and used it twice. OH prefers the cooker in the van, I don't cook.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
WoodlandsCamper said:
Gabsgrandad said:
But a bit cumbersome to lift outside!!!!????

Why the need to cook outside??

Cos you get to wear a hat, hold your beer in one hand, and shout instructions at the missus to fetch you utensils, more beer, meat, salt, plates, more beer, beans, potatoes, more beer, take stuff inside to keep warm, lay the table, more beer, and more meat. Because you are doing the real hard work of cooking and she is just helping.
Mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We always Cadac, Posh BBQ, never used the foil stuff , only need it on the curved plate, when ,making Piella, for our French friends,
and now the Dover, hold up is down to Half an hour for our Crossing at 4 am. Tuesday. .
Dont think its worth the money.
And Our Women, should not BBQ( Sit back and drink Wine), as they don't know how to burn food properly. :p

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The real mess in a cadac is the lower tray by the burner. The grill griddle etc is not too bad to clean. Never bothered with the foil thing.
On a warm summers evening eating and cooking al fresco just adds to the whole ambience of caravanning.
I'm surprised at you Sir WC. Surely as a Woodlands Camper you got the badge for out door cooking :p

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Well WC, if you don't cook you won't appreciate Mel's post or understand it.
ps, ours is cooked 'al fresco' as well as eaten al fresco! -- Caravanning - I thought was about being outdoors, (If possible!), perhaps I'm wrong?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Well WC, if you don't cook you won't appreciate Mel's post or understand it.
ps, ours is cooked 'al fresco' as well as eaten al fresco! -- Caravanning - I thought was about being outdoors, (If possible!), perhaps I'm wrong?

No! You're right B)
Maybe WC failed the ignition test rubbing two sticks together :p

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
[/quote]

Cos you get to wear a hat, hold your beer in one hand, and shout instructions at the missus to fetch you utensils, more beer, meat, salt, plates, more beer, beans, potatoes, more beer, take stuff inside to keep warm, lay the table, more beer, and more meat. Because you are doing the real hard work of cooking and she is just helping.
Mel[/quote]

Right then Cadac now here, I've written down Mel's instructions ready for 'her indoors' to read and understand when she gets home. I have the instruction manual but not sure what to do with it, does 'her indoors' need to read this as well ? as blokes don't do that.....................................do they? :p

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
DeliDave_ said:
Mel said:
Mel

And cos you've done all the hard work you can put your feet up while she cleans up afterwards :)

Is that where I've been going wrong? :p

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
WoodlandsCamper said:
DeliDave_ said:
Mel said:
Mel

And cos you've done all the hard work you can put your feet up while she cleans up afterwards :)

Is that where I've been going wrong? :p

If you had a cadac :sick: :silly: :blush: :p

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Well we are coming to an end of our 2 wk stay at Holywell Bay and the CADAC has been fab, bacon rolls, fajitas , beef and pork steaks with onions and peppers minted lamb kebabs. As stated it definetly tastes better when cooked outside.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts