CADAC non stick foil .

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I've got two of those, one fitted with a butane regulator and one for propane. Well worth it. Anyway I tend to cook outside, on the cadac, even when I have to put the fishing umbrella up to so. How else can I check the nose weight or keep an eye out for empty gas bottles going cheap?

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
:oops:
crazyguider said:
I agree with Sir WC. I see no point in cooking on gas outside when I can use the cooker inside. If I want to cook outside I use a REAL bbq!

Ah the real bbq myth! A lot of hassle and waiting around for no gain, blind tasting has proven that very few people can discern a difference in taste between gas and charcoal bbqed food. I am someone who cures all his own bacon and ham, makes sausages and burgers, owns a rather large smoker (self-built) and just finished building a wood fired oven, but bbq with gas unless I am catering for more than 10 and using the oil drum bbq..

Real bacon note no white gunk in the pan.

Smoker:, can be used for hot and cold smoking:

Pizza oven just missing its chimney cap:

So firm believer in real cooking but not if there is no gain.

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
When we go camping with a group we light up the charcoal to finish off the chicken. It most of the cooking is done on the cadac because it is easier and quicker with less chance of burning. We only used top quality bacon as well so we don't get the white gunk

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
We are now at home, brought the CADAC home with us (and the spare gas) so we can make the most of it. So it looks like I'm going to be doing a bit more work eves and weekends. Its one of the best bits of kit we have thanks to this forum and the people on it. :)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Mogwyth said:
:oops:
crazyguider said:
I agree with Sir WC. I see no point in cooking on gas outside when I can use the cooker inside. If I want to cook outside I use a REAL bbq!

Ah the real bbq myth! A lot of hassle and waiting around for no gain, blind tasting has proven that very few people can discern a difference in taste between gas and charcoal bbqed food. I am someone who cures all his own bacon and ham, makes sausages and burgers, owns a rather large smoker (self-built) and just finished building a wood fired oven, but bbq with gas unless I am catering for more than 10 and using the oil drum bbq..

Real bacon note no white gunk in the pan.

Smoker:, can be used for hot and cold smoking:

Pizza oven just missing its chimney cap:

So firm believer in real cooking but not if there is no gain.

Excellent Mogwyth but you take all the kit with you..Our local butcher dry cures all his bacon and as you say no scum.
Caravan nine is all about the freedom of the road and fresh air. The Cads cooked stuff ways tastes good to me and avoids smelling out the caravan with cooking smells.
Cadac fits the bill

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Excellent Mogwyth but you take all the kit with you..Our local butcher dry cures all his bacon and as you say no scum.
Caravan nine is all about the freedom of the road and fresh air. The Cads cooked stuff ways tastes good to me and avoids smelling out the caravan with cooking smells.
Cadac fits the bill

No way Cadac all the way on the road, that was my long winded point,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts