Cadac Safari Chef

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
just took delivery of one of these little gizmos.....first inspection I am impressed by the quality and versatility....especially for the price (£82 including the pizza stone)...cant wait to give it a try out (last weekend was a bit of a wash out)....anyone have any experience with the product?????

May 24, 2014
Visit site
We have the bigger one, but its basically the same thing. We use the Skottel more than any other part, and I would highly recommend you buy the non-stick liner. We do a Thai curry on the Skottel, and simply rinse the liner under a tap. Hey Presto, washing up done.

See http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/cadac-non-stick-cooking-liner-p139987

We had the Beauclaire before, had it for donkeys years, the Cadac is way better except for one little thing, the BC had adjustable feet. Cadac can be a right pig to level on the CC type hard standing.

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
We have the carri chef 2 which is toptastic. I use the chef's pan for most stuff. Brilliant.
I was out cooking breakfast on mine during the Easter bank holiday storms, admittedly I was under a rather large and well tethered fishing brolly at the time.

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Mrs Keith and I have a safari chef .... it's great! We tend to use it as a BBQ mostly but even so, it's proved to be a great buy and packs away nicely so it can be kept under a seat in the 'van.

:cheer:

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The best bit of kit I have ever spent my penny's on we have the carri chef 2 since we got it we haven't used the oven or hob for cooking you can do everything on it curry's Chinese , Italian even pizzas Ho even BBQ as well :) even going to try a roast next time away :)

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
once the weather improves I have plans for ours. So far i haven't got much further than cooking chicken thighs in garlic sauce, breakfasts or barbecues but I reckon that there is so much more fun to be had of an evening. we have a few weekends away with extended family and friends and I reckon that it'll come in handy for the late night toasties.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Try the Thai green Curry. Excellent. Would def drop the salt from the recipe, the fish sauce makes it salty enough.

There is a Cadac cookbook available, bit more than the recipes in the instruction book.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We have a Carrie chef , 8 years old now, use all the time BBQ's general cooking and the piella dish for whole chickens etc. Only totally clean the grill, when getting ready to leave or after a sticky BBQ sauce, ours is the press steel grill and the aluminium griddle plate, pour water into the outer trough to catch the drippings, stops them catching fire. Small triangular wooden wedge for levelling one leg.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Never seen one of these used on a Cadac before.

Fried egg mold.

funny-side-up.jpg

funny-side-up2.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts