Cadoc BBQ

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Hello all

I wonder if anyone has experience of the above make bbq. I wish to buy a gas bbq for the caravan and to use at home and am considering purchasing the Cadac Carri Chef Delux possible from riversway leisure. It is retailing at £129 at the moment and was just wondering how good it was and if anyone has any advice before I take the plunge!!

Sally

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi
Buy one, they're great, so much so we (me) sold our home gas BBQ and take the cadac to and from the van everytime we use the van. If you like outdoor cooking you can do breakfast and evening meal easily. We find cleaning not too bad following advice in another post here, give the plate a wipe as it's cooling down and most of the fat will wipe off. that's almost all we do if we're only away for 1 week then take it home and clean properly.

Enjoy

John

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We've got one and love it. I won't let OH cook bacon in the van. Too much spitting. So its outside on the cadac. We've got a skottle with ours and this is great for stir fries and things like that. We don't have a paella pan but other folks also think they are good. Beware, it is heavy though so watch your payload. On our last nose heavy van, it was perfect just behind the axle to balance the noseweight. Never had a problem with cleaning but we are not as fastidious as some.
mel

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
They are good for doing breakfast and cooking stir fries etc, but are a total waste of time when it comes to cooking chops, steak etc and I am speaking from over 40 years experience with a skottel. Hassle cleaning them in the caravan as the basin plus workspace area is too small. It needs to be cleaned at the main washing area where you have to put up with the incessant gabble of some other person trying to make conversation and find out your life histroy. Ours stays at home!

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
It needs to be cleaned at the main washing area where you have to put up with the incessant gabble of some other person trying to make conversation and find out your life histroy. Ours stays at home!

Hi Sufer
your'e a happy little bunny, hope not to meet you at the wash up sinks
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

Aug 11, 2007
Visit site
Totally agree with you Tony. Surfer seems to moan about everything from Wi Fi to Cadac's. Needs to let everybody know when and where he is caravanning so he can be avoided. Otherwise could end up ringing the Samaritans.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Surfer said:
They are good for doing breakfast and cooking stir fries etc, but are a total waste of time when it comes to cooking chops, steak etc and I am speaking from over 40 years experience with a skottel. Hassle cleaning them in the caravan as the basin plus workspace area is too small. It needs to be cleaned at the main washing area where you have to put up with the incessant gabble of some other person trying to make conversation and find out your life histroy. Ours stays at home!
On behalf of incessant gabblers at the pot wash can I just say,....... For goodness sake cheer up. You are on holiday.
smiley-smile.gif
. Anyway I'm not interested in your life history. I am too busy trying to tell you mine.
mel

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
TonyG said:
It needs to be cleaned at the main washing area where you have to put up with the incessant gabble of some other person trying to make conversation and find out your life histroy. Ours stays at home!

Hi Sufer
your'e a happy little bunny, hope not to meet you at the wash up sinks
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif
No I send the wife who ignores the babble anyway. We go caravanning to enjoy ourselves and have a quiet time, not to listen to the incessant babble of others who in general talk total carp! We do the odd rally now and again which suits us fine. We prefer to be left alone and to get on with our lives with no back stabbing pillocks involved.
smiley-laughing.gif

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
ascsbe said:
Totally agree with you Tony. Surfer seems to moan about everything from Wi Fi to Cadac's. Needs to let everybody know when and where he is caravanning so he can be avoided. Otherwise could end up ringing the Samaritans.
Brilliant love being avoided. Leads to a much quieter, blissful and happier holiday.

Nov 20, 2007
Visit site
Surfer said:
ascsbe said:
Brilliant love being avoided. Leads to a much quieter, blissful and happier holiday.
I agree 100%, Surfer please post where you intend to visit so we can all avoid it.....

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
VIP 640 said:
Surfer said:
ascsbe said:
I agree 100%, Surfer please post where you intend to visit so we can all avoid it.....

A more rational approach would be if you lot let me know where you are camping so that we can avoid the same campsite. I greet people politely, but dislike it when people try and engage me in meaningless chatter when all you want to do is enjoy yourself. Most people seem to like doing thsi when you are about to leave! As we never use communal bathrooms or washing up facilities any more I can't comment any further. However I am sure that all the idle chatterers or gossip mongers will find others of a similar nature on a site somewhere where they can babble all day and night.
smiley-laughing.gif

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Sally,
I've had the same model for about 2 years now. I've used it to cook curries and stir fries, and I've even baked bread on it! It comes with a recipe book to give you a few ideas of the different things you can do.
I've just bought a pizza stone for about £10 to allow the kids to have pizza from the BBQ.
There is a grill plate as well as a BBQ plate and I've used them to cook the usual burgers, sausages steaks and fish.
It can be a bit of hassle cleaning the BBQ plate - but at least the enamel surface makes it a little easier.
You can buy spares for all of the main components if needed - so it should last a while.
If I remember right, you have to buy the gas hose and gas regulator separately - but the supplier should be able to sort that out for you.
My view - wouldn't be without mine!
What are you waiting for - go on - order one.

Aug 11, 2007
Visit site
I have recently purchased the Cadac Easi Chef. Can someone tell me the best way to cook Kebabs on this version with all the different options available.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Sally,

We absolutly love our Cadac and would not be without it.
It has been used for everything from bacon and eggs, to steaks, fish and using the extra roasting pan even a roast chicken, potatoes and veg!

And as long as you don't mind using the communal washing up sinks (which 99.99999% of the caravanning community don't) i don't find it any more hassle to clean than anything else.

All the best

Andy

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
ascsbe said:
I have recently purchased the Cadac Easi Chef. Can someone tell me the best way to cook Kebabs on this version with all the different options available.

I can't really recommend cooking kebabs on the skottle as generally the meat becomes tough probably due to uneven heat on the skottel. Can't beat it for stir frys though.

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I've just bought a Safari chef de-luxe but having looked at the Bbq plate which is enamel and the drip tray.....I can see it's going to be fun cleaning it!
I've heard that the Paella pan which is non stick can be used for pretty much anything that the other plates can do? Anyone got one and what are your thoughts on using that instead for doing your traditional bbq cooking?
The one big downside I can see is that the fat stays with the meat, which is not the idea of a Bbq.
I'm sure they used to have just an ordinary cooking rack?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Surfer said:
VIP 640 said:
Surfer said:
ascsbe said:

A more rational approach would be if you lot let me know where you are camping so that we can avoid the same campsite. I greet people politely, but dislike it when people try and engage me in meaningless chatter when all you want to do is enjoy yourself. Most people seem to like doing thsi when you are about to leave! As we never use communal bathrooms or washing up facilities any more I can't comment any further. However I am sure that all the idle chatterers or gossip mongers will find others of a similar nature on a site somewhere where they can babble all day and night.
smiley-laughing.gif

Dunno why you are trying to avoid Surfer. Surely the best approach is to find which campsites he is on and try to engage him in inane and meaningless chatter at every opportunity: at the pot wash; as you go past his van; at the shop; on the way to the toilet block; on the way back past his van....... The important thing will be to keep chattering and to keep smiling no matter how uncommunicative he is. You lot clearly have no idea about how to elevate irritation to an art form.
smiley-laughing.gif

mel

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Mel has sussed out that I have been winding you lot up! As I have never used the campsite facilities I have no idea what happens at the communal points of interest.
smiley-laughing.gif

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site

Hi Surfer that comment brought a smile to my face ,loved it

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Mel has sussed out that I have been winding you lot up! As I have never used the campsite facilities I have no idea what happens at the communal points of interest.
smiley-laughing.gif

Don't know about that, my take on it is that you have realised that you are sounding like a complete A*** and are trying to back peddle as fast as you can, still would NOT like to meet you at the wash up

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
smiley-laughing.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i suppose its like fishing , you cast out the bait and reel them in

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts