CALLING: Abbey Vogue GTS owners

Dec 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi all,

Our next Used Van Buyer guide is on the Abbey Vogue GTS.

Anyone got/had one, dating from 2002-2007?

f so I'd love to hear your thoughts.

All the best,

Mark Bigault

Features editor

May 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mark,

We have a GTS Vogue 417 that was bought new in 2006. We love it. The side dinette and rear washroom layout suits us and the 'L' shaped lounge is great as there is some space for the kids.

We have had a few faults with it but nothing major and the dealer has sorted things out for us. Overall it has been excellent.

What else would you like to know?

Kind Regards

Steve

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
Not sure if this will be of much use:

We've got a 2004 White Arches dealer special - an Abbey Archway Royale 520 (4 berth end washroom) - based on the GTS418 I think. GRP sides and aluminium cassette windows, etc.

Can't fault the build quality. We've had it since late 2006 and I can't recall having had any problems whatsoever. The GRP sided model is well worth hunting down for it's resistance to little knocks, etc.

Access to the front locker could be better - the door doesn't open high enough really, making it a little awkward to get gas bottles in and out.

It suits us down to the ground, and we've been very impressed with it.

Can't think of anything else to say! Anthing specific you want to know, just ask :)

Dale

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have an Abbey GTS Vogue 215 bought new in 2005. I have had no bother with the van apart from a small leak at the bottom of the main door as a result of the kick plate being knocked and a rivet came away which I did not notice. Dryed out easily . I am impressed with the quality of the van and like the more neutral colours compared with what we have seem of late.

Likes - GRP panels on sides of van, layout of washroom

Suggestions - additional floor power socket at front of van, reposition mirror in washroom in front of sink.

Anything else you require let me know

Dec 7, 2007
Visit site
We have an Abbey GTS Vogue 215 bought new in 2005. I have had no bother with the van apart from a small leak at the bottom of the main door as a result of the kick plate being knocked and a rivet came away which I did not notice. Dryed out easily . I am impressed with the quality of the van and like the more neutral colours compared with what we have seem of late.

Likes - GRP panels on sides of van, layout of washroom

Suggestions - additional floor power socket at front of van, reposition mirror in washroom in front of sink.

Anything else you require let me know
Thanks for all your help.

The answers are very useful and will be included in the mag.

Cheers,

Mark Bigault

Features editor

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi mark, we have a abbey impression by michael jordon it is the same as a vogue gts 417 we have had it for 3 years now no problems at all love the layuot of the l shaped lounge a very well made product would buy another very roomy

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Dont know if this request is still open, but will tell you our experiences anyway. Perhaps we have been unlucky, we bought an Abbey gts 215 18 months ago. The caravan was described as a 2007 model but "with 2008 features". Its the 5th caravan we have had in 25 years, and the worst for faults which the dealership in Wellingborough, also seemed not to be able to understand. As is now the fashion the water pump has now gone inboard under one of the front benches. On our first trip away, it consistently failed. It went back to the dealership twice, who fiddled and altered pressures etc. On our third trip out with yet another failure, I lost faith in the dealership and emailed Abbey directly (it wasnt just a satellite of Swift in 2007). They replied very promptly that the control panel fitted in that caravan was a different model, we should have been given altered instructions as the manual did not cover the new panel and that the water pump problem was the "circuit board which had not been altered to be able to work through the modified panel." Relayed to dealership. Good that's sorted. Then we come to the fridge which defintely was not working when towing. It went back twice to the dealership to be told no problem and on the third trip back we were lucky enough to be spotted by a very experienced mechanic who said "you've got a french car, the plug with be wrong - they should have told you that when you bought the caravan, the wiring up changed in the last few years". We then went on to have a trouble free season last year. This year we elected to go for a seasonal pitch to get even more use from our caravan. We go out for a long day and come back to find a defrosted fridge and the control panel above the door apparently switched off. On investigation we find that if a power cut occurs (as had happened for 2 hours) ,the fridge will automatically seek alternative supply, obviously the battery, but if the battery falls below 10v in charge the book says the control panel will switch off completely, as it had. However, switching on the control panel showed a totally full battery, which was new this year anyway. the battery charger switch was off (as we had been advised not to leave it on all the time) so the battery couldnt have made up 4 volts in a matter of minutes. We are still trying to get this one sorted. The handbook implies that when the mains power returned the fridge should have started up automatically, it didnt. Over the years we have had basic moving upwards to luxury vans. Have we just been unlucky or is it the fact that too much sophistication breeds inevitable problems. What was wrong with the water pump sitting in the barrel outside. Our previous Avondale produced a good pressure of water in both handbasin and shower from this in the barrel pump, the fridge had basic knobs, no gizmos to sense power supplies and smart led read outs and spanners! Dont I sound like a crabby old caravanner!! I just want something to work reliably not wonder "what next"? Is there anyone else who has had similar problems with the current Abbey gts range?

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
We purchased a 2004 Abbey Vogue GTS 215 3 years ago from a local dealer and have found it to be the best caravan we have owned. It is good looking, well fitted & finished, tows extremely well & has not deteriorated in the time we have owned it, despite sitting in a farmers field each winter. We plan to keep it for many years as it still looks & performs as good as new.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
It's nice to know that you like your Abbey Vogue Geoff but this topic is almost two years old and the magazine article has been written long ago
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
We bought an Abbey GTS Vogue 217 new in 2004.
First day out the I filled the AquaRoll up and turned on the pump. Water pouring out of the shower tap. Rang the dealers because we were going to Cornwall in a weeks time. They told me to disconnect the tap and shove a bung in the pipe which I did. The ignition for the cooker didn't work. They sent an engineer to the house and he found the electrics weren't connected at the back.
It was an L shaped lounge and the slats for the bed weren't long enough with me finding myself on the floor at times because the bed collapsed. During the 5 years we had it we would normally find screws on the floor, most of which I never found out where they had come from.
The finally straw was when at Marazion we were pitched slightly nose down and during one of my nightly wanderings to the ablutions, it was also raining, the water was pouring into the washroom in two places. It was leaking from where the rear panel joins the main body. The mastic had gone on the roof.
Glad to see the back of it. Replaced it with a Bailey Senator Vermont and are pleased with it
smiley-smile.gif

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Parksy - Moderator said:
It's nice to know that you like your Abbey Vogue Geoff but this topic is almost two years old and the magazine article has been written long ago
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

LMAO you could have emailed me instead of waiting for me to type this out
smiley-yell.gif

As Geoff been dragging the archives?

Makes not to self .... "check posting dates AND times"
smiley-undecided.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Sorry Lord B but I'm sure that you felt much better having gotten the Vogue problems off your chest
smiley-wink.gif

If we'd been looking for this topic we'd never have found it so I'll be asking Geoff for his search tips
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts