Calling all Caravanners, your input is essential!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I'm a product design student and currently I'm working on a project to develop a product to monitor the stability of towed caravans.

The product will monitor and assess a number of crucial factors relating to caravan instability, while in motion, and then inform the user when the caravan is unstable. The aim of the product is to reduce risk, accidents and driver uncertainty.

I'm conducting a survey to find out some opinions, ideas and whether there is a demand for such a product and so would greatly appreciate if you could spend a few minutes filling in a short questionnaire.

To view the questionnaire, please go to http://www.advancedsurvey.com When you arrive at the Advanced Survey homepage, type in survey number 19088 in the "Take A Survey" box on the right hand side.

Any experience whatsoever you have had driving a tow-car for a caravan be invaluable to this project, and your comments and ideas will be gratefully received!

Cheers.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Kirsten, a German inventor has produced a device to monitor the stability of the towed caravan,if it starts to snake, the brakes are applied to to the van, thus preventing a problem if the driver has not noticed. Is this the sort of thing you are thinking of!

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Stuart's right. The LEAS electronic stabiliser does just what you appear to be looking at. It senses lateral movement of the caravan and automatically applies its brakes as soon as it becomes unstable, i.e. when a predetermined threshold value is exceeded. If you need more information on the device (I've got one fitted), send me an email: lschel@aol.com

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Kirsten, since it seems your first idea has already been done - think outside the box. How about a device to tell the caravan when the owner has become unstable ? Not as uncommon as you may think.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
what exactly is a selectamark electonictagging?how much would a satalite tracking devise cost ?is an infra red alarm worth and how much Iam looking for the best security for my van but i dont want to buy the salesmans talk so how is the best way to protect your van

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think you are missing the point. Here we have a design student and whilst there might be devices on the market that do the job there may be another way. It might be usful for Kirsten to look at whatever is there but also take a fresh look. If this was the 30s and Frank Whittle had said 'I want to invent something to propel an aroplane' where would we b if we had said 'dont bother Frank we have the piston engine to power an aeroplane'. So do give Kisten encouragement and who knows, he may come up with something revolutionary.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts