callow top campsite

Feb 1, 2009
Visit site
hi all..

just a quick question.. as anyone on here been to callow top campsite in derbyshire.. we are thinking of going with our two lads.. 9 and 13 and just wondered what it was like..

thanks in advance

daz

Jun 1, 2007
Visit site
We prefer Rivendale which is a couple of miles up the road.

Callow Top was OK but the pitches are a lot smaller and the hill up to it is a killer in the wet (if you dont have a 4x4!!!).

Both sites have a shop, on site bar & play area for the kids.

Dec 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi Darrell

Sorry about that hit the wrong button.

We have been to callow top three or four times, pitches average to less than average size, good pub and shop on site,has an outdoor pool, and a good childrens area, they have entetainment on site which is usually out door if weather permits. Toilet block kept clean, showers separate from the toilets, down side is I think that they are coin operated showers.

The site is within walking distance of ashbourne and the tissington trail.

I would add that they stick to their site rule religously.

We have also stayed at rivendale, great site in poor weather and a sun trap in good, toilet block excellent, reasonable pub but they have put installed barriers which consisted of approx 600mm high ( you cannot see them when you get close) 6foot (1.83m) apart, the warden insisted that any car could drive through even 4x4's I have a mondeo which is 1.9m between wing mirrors An i would not take my car thro a gap that my wing mirrors wont pass thro.

Hope this helps

Feb 1, 2009
Visit site
hi dan and alb..

thanks for the info.. heard of rivendale but didnt even consider it.. will look into it promptly..

thank you again..

daz

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts