Calor gas butane

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
Is it possible to decant gas from a 35kg bottle to an empty 7kg???

suspect I know the answer!!! but I have a three quarter full 35kg that want to get rid of & an empty 7.5kg bottle that I want to keep

I can't get the 35kg in the gas locker to connect it as the pigtail is to short.perhaps im being TADA but in these times!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Tony

There simple and safe answer is no you can't. You are not a licensed filler, and I doubt that you have the equipment necessary to do it.

You need a professional certified high pressure pump and control and safety equipment to achieve it - cost several thousand pounds - not something you can hire either cheaper to buy a new bottle.

Can you keep your 35Kg bottle for your bbq at home? and then exchange it foe a 7.5 when you have used it?

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
Hello Tony

There simple and safe answer is no you can't. You are not a licensed filler, and I doubt that you have the equipment necessary to do it.

You need a professional certified high pressure pump and control and safety equipment to achieve it - cost several thousand pounds - not something you can hire either cheaper to buy a new bottle.

Can you keep your 35Kg bottle for your bbq at home? and then exchange it foe a 7.5 when you have used it?
thanks john, I did not think of changing it for a 7.5 when empty.

But I have had it on the BBQ for 2yrs now & only used a third so wondered if it was pos to decant to a smaller bottle

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you want to use it up, then offer to help out at a local charity fair doing burgers etc.

Anyone for a burger and Beer - See Tony!

G

Unfortunately Calor do not give credit on any unused gas in a cylinder returned to them. 35 kg is a pretty big cylinder so i assume it must have been for a static or some form of industrial heating. I had a similar problem when i inherited my mother's large MacGas cylinder from her gas heater. I eventually used it all up keeping the garage warm and then retunred the cylinder.

As seems to be the norm these days, you could try E bay

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Further to Scotch Lads advice,

I assume he suggests Ebay with a view to selling the bottle.

This is actually illegal, you do not own the bottle you are only hiring it thus it is not yours to sell.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts