Calor Lite

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Dec 27, 2022
Visit site
Is there a good reason to switch to Flogas?

If Calor won’t give me a new Calor cylinder in exchange for a Flogas why would I change in the first place?
I changed to 5kg flogas lite from 6kg calor due to having a high nose weight with calor cylinders. It meant that I could carry both cylinders in the locker rather than one in the car and one in the locker. This along with changing the battery to LifePo4 saved 30kg of payload and helped to reduce the vans weight to below the MTPLM/axle load.
Flogas have a nationwide selling network plus Homebase and Flogases owner terminals.
Cheapest Flogas supply is from Homebase😉

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Prof we have seen so many Calor gas cylinders for sale on internet sites. Although it is illegal, I personally have never heard of a prosecution.
Why would you want to return the cylinder to the Calor depot and get zilch for it when you can sell it for +£40. I wonder if Calor keep all the rental documents from 10 years ago never mind 20 0r 30 years?
Just becasue some of people may have got away with it, it does not make it legal or morally right, It is theft.

It is up to Calor who own the bottles to decide if they want to take any action, but just becasue they may have not been seen to be active, does not mean they haven't been, or can't be or won't be.

Thus it's irresponsible to suggest selling Calor's property or to support it by mentioning it without condemning it.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I considered getting a Flogas cylinder during the time when Calor were having major supply issues and the local Ba nd Q had loads of Flogas. My thought was if I had one Calor and one Flogas, I could hedge my bets on supply. It seems that Calor stocks are better now so the motivation has drained somewhat.
Mel

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Just becasue some of people may have got away with it, it does not make it legal or morally right, It is theft.

It is up to Calor who own the bottles to decide if they want to take any action, but just becasue they may have not been seen to be active, does not mean they haven't been, or can't be or won't be.

Thus it's irresponsible to suggest selling Calor's property or to support it by mentioning it without condemning it.
Thanks for the hilarious post as it really brighten up my day and cannot stop laughing! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
With my first caravan, The dealer supplied me a battery, aqua roll, waste master, new awning. And "gave" me a calor gas bottle, with no rental agreement.
It is nice to be totally puritanical, but real life is NOT like that.

Aug 23, 2023
Visit site
Why would you want to return the cylinder to the Calor depot and get zilch for it when you can sell it for +£40. I wonder if Calor keep all the rental documents from 10 years ago never mind 20 0r 30 years?
I do feel that Calor play a bit fast and loose . But they don’t need to keep the agreements - they still always own the cylinders, and it is down to the punter to present THEIR copy.

I note, since starting this thread, that Flogas make no promises of returning the “deposit” - it is a one of , non refundable , fee.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I do feel that Calor play a bit fast and loose . But they don’t need to keep the agreements - they still always own the cylinders, and it is down to the punter to present THEIR copy.

I note, since starting this thread, that Flogas make no promises of returning the “deposit” - it is a one of , non refundable , fee.
Maybe with Flogas you are actually purchasing the cylinder? We have never ever had an agreement for any Calor bottle and that includes Calorlite. Like many others we were not even aware that the bottles are rental.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
There seems to be a lot of different views on the Calor CRA,
I found this-
Calor Gas cylinders are on rental agreement because the cylinders are legally owned by Calor Gas Limited, and the agreement only allows the customer to use the cylinder to safely store and transport the gas. The agreement is also known as a Cylinder Refill Agreement (CRA).

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
There seems to be a lot of different views on the Calor CRA,
I found this-
Calor Gas cylinders are on rental agreement because the cylinders are legally owned by Calor Gas Limited, and the agreement only allows the customer to use the cylinder to safely store and transport the gas. The agreement is also known as a Cylinder Refill Agreement (CRA).
However many people do not know that such an agreement exists. We never did until a few years later. Our first caravan had a few things thrown in and on of them was the Calor gas cylinder.

When we bought the Calorlite we were never asked to sign any agreement and even then we were not aware that there was a rental agreement. I doubt if we were the only ones not aware of a rental agreement.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
One aspect with Flogas is that their outlets will exchange any make cylinder on a like for like basis, but not Calor because of the CRA. So if you find an empty “CompanyX “ cylinder of propane in a ditch, then you should be able to exchange it for a full Flogas equivalent.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I don’t normally need asking three times, and I always try and give accurate replies, but here’s the Flogas exchange listings. 😂. Off to explore the local ditches and fly tips 😱.

Try Freegle/Freecycke too easier than investigating ditches.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
When I thought about changing to a Flow gas, The cost of the gas was higher than Calor gas. As my local store was still getting the calor I stuck with them.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Maybe with Flogas you are actually purchasing the cylinder? We have never ever had an agreement for any Calor bottle and that includes Calorlite. Like many others we were not even aware that the bottles are rental.
How did you aquire your Calor cylinders originally? I got mine from the caravan dealer where I bought my first caravan, they got the Calor agreement document pad out, filled it in, and gave me a copy.

I guess a lot of cylinders change hands informally, hence no documentation.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
How did you aquire your Calor cylinders originally? I got mine from the caravan dealer where I bought my first caravan, they got the Calor agreement document pad out, filled it in, and gave me a copy.

I guess a lot of cylinders change hands informally, hence no documentation.
Supplied by a dealer, but no agreement for cylinder not even for the Calorlite cylinder and I keep documentation for many years.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Notwithstanding what is said about a two year CRA statements made in the link above seem to retains Calors legal title on the cylinders for ever. But this old chestnut goes around periodically. What would concern me the most is the modification if any company’s exchange cylinders to allow the illegal filling at service stations or other places.

Viz

Calor Gas Limited cylinders are and remain the property of Calor Gas Limited at all times and are clearly marked to that effect by stencilling, embossing and by means of data plates

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Notwithstanding what is said about a two year CRA statements made in the link above seem to retains Calors legal title on the cylinders for ever. But this old chestnut goes around periodically. What would concern me the most is the modification if any company’s exchange cylinders to allow the illegal filling at service stations or other places.

Viz

Calor Gas Limited cylinders are and remain the property of Calor Gas Limited at all times and are clearly marked to that effect by stencilling, embossing and by means of data plates
You hit the nail on the head.👏

Everytime Calor refill a cylinder , it is inspected “tested” , general safety things then put back on the market.
As far as I know they were not designed for diy refill.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts