CAMC site - 1hr + wait?!

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
I realise the site has been down the weekend whilst they implement new deposit payment system. Now I can't even browse campsites without being put into the queue. Is this really a two day backlog causing this? If this becomes the norm, I won't bother with them!

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site
I think we need to "cut them a bit of slack" as they have obviously overrun the weekend trying to get the system up and running, suggesting as we all suspected, their IT people may be a tad out of their depth. A lot of members have been wanting to make bookings recently and have been unable because the old system was down anyway. There will be a mad dash of bookings, plus a lot of people will be playing with the new system. I'm not surprised there is a queue. Best to leave it alone for a day or so. I just tried to log in, and it's hopelessly overloaded.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Disappointed. We managed a short break back in April. Since, due to health issues, we have not been able to get away. Suddenly we can get a 5 day break. But that is from tomorrow. Tried to log on, put in a 12 min queue, 45 mins later I am told it's my turn. But all I get is a spinning circle.

I don't share Ern’s view, new systems should be tried a tested before going public.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Disappointed. We managed a short break back in April. Since, due to health issues, we have not been able to get away. Suddenly we can get a 5 day break. But that is from tomorrow. Tried to log on, put in a 12 min queue, 45 mins later I am told it's my turn. But all I get is a spinning circle.

I don't share Ern’s view, new systems should be tried a tested before going public.

John
It’s a not uncommon situation when IT work and changes take place. I’ve recently received £50 compensation from our bank because I could not transfer £300 to an existing payee. I had to create a standing order which did work. Then cancel it after it had been set up and the £300 paid.

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site

John
I am not known for my patience normally, either. Because the old booking system was closed down for a while, it was blindingly obvious there would be a mad scramble to get bookings when the new booking site opened. Why they decided to close the old system before they found they had more work to do on the new system is hard to understand. I think they must have a very naive person in charge of IT.

Reactions: Buckman
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Nothings changed over the years! Chill out and wait. Bar a couple of sites that I have been deprived over thirty years there will still be plenty left. Watch the cancellations 🤪.who in their right mind wants to hang on for more than an hour
🤣🤣.
logo

You are now in queue
You are in queue for Bookings. When it is your turn, you will have 20 minutes to enter the website.
What is this?

Your queue number: 30876
Number of users in queue ahead of you: 6879
Expected arrival time on the website: more than an hour
Your estimated wait time is: more than an hour
Status last updated: 18:04:39
Message last updated: 16:48

REMINDER
You can now make more than one campsite booking at the same time - no need to make a single booking, and re-join the queue. When it is your turn, you will have 20 minutes to make your bookings.

Please notify me when it is my turn:
Enter email address Notify me by e-mail

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I found a suitable CL using the CL booking app recommended by someone on this forum. Great app but limited as many CL owners don't list. But to book you have to link to CAMC, luckily the CAMC web site opened at that time and I could get the telephone number.

Orchard Bank, here we come.

regrowth.hook.ranches. (3 words)

John

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
I've not had any issue with it
CAMC website has always been slow and cumbersome (and the app). I avoid it unless absolutely necessary.

I've not had any issue with it until today. I thought I'd have another go being late at night / early morning. Currently suffering time distortions . 5 minutes = 12 minutes and seem to keep travelling back in time.

I expect in a thousand years time , archeaologists will be digging where my flat once stood to discover my skeleton hunched forward, head in hands still waiting for CAMC site to load.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Absolute joke, logged on to check bookings already made, after wait directed to site and can't check bookings only make new ones, didn't have a problem with the old system, if it aint broke dont fix it comes to mind. Can we still make bookings by phone?

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
I am not known for my patience normally, either. Because the old booking system was closed down for a while, it was blindingly obvious there would be a mad scramble to get bookings when the new booking site opened. Why they decided to close the old system before they found they had more work to do on the new system is hard to understand. I think they must have a very naive person in charge of IT.
I don't know the setup with regard to the clubs IT department, but something like this will have been farmed out to a third party no doubt. I'm sure that it was well tested in Dev and pre-prod environments but I have seen issues time and again with going live on a new system. Small variations in the spec of the machines they are using between dev and prod environments, missing install files,security rules etc etc etc. To say the person in charge of IT is very naive is a very naive thing to say
A full backup should have been made and they should have been able to fall back to the old system at some point or at least have partial functionality.
Glad I'm not in their IT dept at the moment

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
It’s telling me there are 705 people ahead of me. The usual annual bun fight continues. Never have any problems with non club sites and booking our favourite CLs direct. You can rely on UK Campsites. The majority of CLs are listed

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have just logged into the CaMC site, it said that there were 598 people ahead of me and would be 20 minutes, I just carried on and got to the forum disscutions pages ok all withing 3 to 4 minutes.
I am using a Samsung tablet on Android.

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
Moaning aside, I'm glad that they have made this move and hopefully things will be working better in a week or so. I liked not having to pay a deposit but got fed up finding everywhere booked for all or part of a bank holiday several weeks in advance. Hopefully now we will get fewer of the selfish speculative bookings.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts