camp sites near zaragosa or turel

Jan 4, 2008
Visit site
we are travelling from Bilbao to south of Valencia and don't want to go too near Madrid so we thought we would go through Zaragosa and Turel.Although looking at the map the roads don't seem to be motorways in this area. Any tips or ideas woul be gratefully received

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You don't say when you are travelling, but if before Easter there are not too many sites on this route - i use it regularly.

Open all yeat sites are shown in CC Europe 1 guide, but the ones i use are

Mendigorria - just south of Paamplona - ok but facilites very limited early in the year.

Savinan - south of Zaragoza - in the book under Calatayud. Terraced pitches with overhead canopy frames. OK if you have a small van or a mover. Tokens needed for showers, so it gets quite expensive for two for one night. Easy to find from the Zaragoza to Calatayud autovia.

Manzannera - in the book under its own name. OK for overnight, but avoid Friday / Saturday - many local skiers in statics and seasonals. From the new autovia round Teruel towards Valencia look for Sirrion (or Sarrion) and turn off to it. Then continue on old N137 east until Estation de Mora where you will see Manzannera signed. site is at filling station at entrance to village. Pay there in evening - may not be open in morning. Heated toilet block, relatively cheap diesel.

A bit nearer Valencia good site at Navajas. Terraced, some pitches have high curbs. Interesting town and area.

If you don't mind a bit of country road - open but a bit uneven, there is a good shortcut from Magallon to La Alumina which avoids Zaragoza altogether. Magallon is east of Zaragoza on A 68.

Not many rest areas of service stations - suggest you fill up at 1/2 tank. Not all that much HGV traffic either compared with some other routes.

Hope this helps !

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the above info I have just started looking for sites on this route as we leave UK in 2 weeks time. Anything that you can add would be most welcome.
Graham, I should have said if you are going to Navajas, just stay on the autovia towards Valencia and you will see a sign for Navajas; it's only a mile of so.

If you want to check the weather before departure, go to www.met-office.gov.uk and then Europe. You can then check France and Spain for up to 5 days forward. In Spain you can check Bilbao, Zaragoza and Valencia. Valencia is showing some sun and into the mid teens temperatures for Wednesday/Thursday when I plan to be there.

You will need 2 pin adapter for EHU at Savinan - from memory Manzannera has standard connections. Savinan has only 6 amps and you can't get at the breakers to re-set; Manzannera you can.

Have a good trip - just going out to hitch up and go.

Jan 4, 2008
Visit site
You don't say when you are travelling, but if before Easter there are not too many sites on this route - i use it regularly.

Open all yeat sites are shown in CC Europe 1 guide, but the ones i use are

Mendigorria - just south of Paamplona - ok but facilites very limited early in the year.

Savinan - south of Zaragoza - in the book under Calatayud. Terraced pitches with overhead canopy frames. OK if you have a small van or a mover. Tokens needed for showers, so it gets quite expensive for two for one night. Easy to find from the Zaragoza to Calatayud autovia.

Manzannera - in the book under its own name. OK for overnight, but avoid Friday / Saturday - many local skiers in statics and seasonals. From the new autovia round Teruel towards Valencia look for Sirrion (or Sarrion) and turn off to it. Then continue on old N137 east until Estation de Mora where you will see Manzannera signed. site is at filling station at entrance to village. Pay there in evening - may not be open in morning. Heated toilet block, relatively cheap diesel.

A bit nearer Valencia good site at Navajas. Terraced, some pitches have high curbs. Interesting town and area.

If you don't mind a bit of country road - open but a bit uneven, there is a good shortcut from Magallon to La Alumina which avoids Zaragoza altogether. Magallon is east of Zaragoza on A 68.

Not many rest areas of service stations - suggest you fill up at 1/2 tank. Not all that much HGV traffic either compared with some other routes.

Hope this helps !
thanks ray s this helps a lot. we are going down the friday after easter and we are keeping our fingers crossed that things will have quietened down by then.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts