CAMPERLITE AWNINGS

Jun 1, 2005
Visit site
Bought this light-weight awning after only using it twice it ripped along the material you push into the awning rail, and down the side. On ringing the supplier we where told you could only put this awning up in fine weather not in any kind of windy weather but it doesn,t say this in the info. it does say that you must use the storm straps and all the guide ropes in stormy weather. What a disappointment it has turned out to be. The first of its kind a an only fine weather awning that can only be used it seems in sunny weather. PLEASE HAVE YOU HAD THIS EXPERIENCE. let us know...

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
you get what you pay for,but if you wern`t told only to errect it in fine weather then you are entitled to your money back, under the sale of goods act, an item is supposed to perform the task it is designed to do for a reason able peiod of time, usually twelve months, it is unrealistic to expect a caravan awning never to be used in rough weather. Get a grip of the cowboy who is trying to con you, go to a solicitor, a letter doesn`t cost that much, first consultations are usually free you will get some useful advice,you could also consider the small claims court, don`t roll over on this,get stuck in,by the way who made it? and who sold you it? the rest of us need to know

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Erica

Sorry to hear your experience. We too bought a lightweight awning which we used for the first time last weekend. Now there are just two of us, we wanted something easier to erect etc. We bought a mini-weekender from ebay for

Jun 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Erica

Sorry to hear your experience. We too bought a lightweight awning which we used for the first time last weekend. Now there are just two of us, we wanted something easier to erect etc. We bought a mini-weekender from ebay for

Jun 1, 2005
Visit site
Been in touch with citizens advice bureau and got info on the sale of goods act. We have now sent a letter to the suppliers and this morning a carrier firm rang to arrange to pick up the offending awning, so it,s fingers crossed. We only purchased this awning because i am in a wheelchair and my husband could manage to erect it alone and also to cut down on the weight.

Jun 1, 2005
Visit site
Been in touch with citizens advice bureau and got info on the sale of goods act. We have now sent a letter to the suppliers and this morning a carrier firm rang to arrange to pick up the offending awning, so it,s fingers crossed. We only purchased this awning because i am in a wheelchair and my husband could manage to erect it alone and also to cut down on the weight.

Apr 14, 2005
Visit site
There are different variations of these. Some are very poor quality so beware. The best one I've found is produced by Blue Diamond, by far - as some of the other aren't designed quite right and some of the material used is not always up to scratch. The Blue Diamond one is called the Outdoor Revolution Porch Lite. Theres also the compactalite, which we've used away quite a few times.

Although beware of very windy weather as all of them are quite light compared to full size awnings.

Apr 14, 2005
Visit site
02:24 PM There are different variations of these. Some are very poor quality so beware. The best one I've found is produced by Blue Diamond, by far - as some of the other aren't designed quite right and some of the material used is not always up to scratch. The Blue Diamond one is called the Outdoor Revolution Porch Lite. Theres also the compactalite, which we've used away quite a few times.

Although beware of very windy weather as all of them are quite light compared to full size awnings.

Jun 1, 2005
Visit site
To Daniel, The awning we bought is called the compactalite ( put wrong name down sorry ) it,s the same one that ripped in the wind and not only ours but 2 other people on the site we where on at the same time. The middle poles dipped inwards and tore across the top from one corner to the other, the wind was moderate so you would have thought it would have with stood that at any rate. Erica.

Jun 1, 2005
Visit site
to all those that have read my notice about the compactalite awning. We have now received a full refund from the supplier with out any trouble in the end.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts