camping and caravanning club, advice

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
im a member of the cc and just wanted your opinions on joining the c & cc. we just want it for more choices really.

how much dep do you have to pay per booking?

what are the sites like?.

are they as nice as the cc?.

im not a snob but do they let kids play ball next to your outfit?.

thanks

jo

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi Jo-Anne

were with both for the very reason of more choice.

We've found the facilities to be pretty good , wardens always friendly and will show you to your pitch and help your get set up if you want. Some people dislike this claiming they prefer to choose their pitch - but to be honest we've so far always been given a choice of the available pitchs if we wanted it.

The deposit is about

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi

We're members because we get a really good deal with our van insurance - that's a good enough reason!

As for the sites - we've had a mixed bag. Most of them are very well run, friendly and beautifully kept. One or two I would NOT go back to.

However - it seems that MOST C&CC sites accept non-members anyway! I don't think you pay through the nose for this - might be worth trying a few out before you spend your money. I can recommend Sandringham in Norfolk and Keswick in the lakes.

As for the 'Free Nights' - there are so many pitfalls, catches and reasons why you can't do this and that, the most you can gain is one free night per trip (you still pay for electricity). It's more hassle than it's worth. It COULD be a great scheme - but it's not, unfortunately. I've complained to the C&CC but they're not having any of it.

Try before you buy.

Mac

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo

Did you have a good time in Cornwall?

--------

I can't believe you asked this:

im not a snob but do they let kids play ball next to your outfit?.

LOL!!

--------

I'm a member of both clubs and have stopped on a few of the CCC sites, I don't have any complaints. I thought the couple who run the one near Penrith were lovely and I have to say that's probably one of my favourite sites.

Lisa xxx

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
yes, Jo-anne waiting to find out what you thought of Canon Downs and cornwall in general. You had some lovely weather whilst you were there. So come on let us all know

Hope it was a fab time for you all

Kevin

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi kevin and lisa, had a wonderful time. Didnt wanna come back. thought the site was 16amp couldnt understand why we kept tripping out lol then we realised its 10 amp site. we have now learnt to live with 10 amp.

site lovely, best shower wet rooms ive ever been in, best washing up facilities, best laundry facilities. they even have a family bathroom and a huge bathroom with a corner bath, wash basin and a separate toilet. good play area on sand. the new part is still growing so quiet open. i would go there again and i would have the same pitch it was lovely and enclosed. road noise didnt bother me at all. easy access and only about 14 miles from newquay, 3 from truro, 5 from falmouth etc etc. we should have come home friday but stayed still saturday. goodjob we took the awning down friday halestones and horrendous rain sat morning we got soaked hitching up to come home. we would have stayed longer but they neede the pitch sat.

fab site

jo

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Really pleased you enjoyed the site, after Lord B and myself gave it such great reviews. you have alot of typing to do now to get that one into the book lol

Kevin

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Totally dislike the C & CC and will not be renewing our membership ever! We seem to be the unlucky ones in finding wardens who are jobsworths and inflexible.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It might take a bit of time for her to reply Kev, she's got loads of typing to do for that book.

Lisa
That's a very good idea, she's been working on that book for at least four years that I know of, she must be a slow typist.

Lisa x

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
Totally dislike the C & CC and will not be renewing our membership ever! We seem to be the unlucky ones in finding wardens who are jobsworths and inflexible.
Yep Ian you as you have said must be the only one to havebad sites c&cc sites are about just as good as the cc sites never had any bad site in both clubs .nevermind can,t please everyone (tip ) don,t set your sites to high????

cheers.Duggie

Jul 22, 2008
Visit site
HI Ian - I am a memember of both clubs and the only problems I have had have been on C&C sites and with their wardens. pete c

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm not sure what response you hoped for to the question about children and ball games, but the answer has to be 'No'. The C&CC rules definitely state that ball-games may be played in designated areas only, and between caravans is certainly not a designated area on any site. You might not mind, but what about your neigbours? I have seen site managers come along and put a stop to ball games, so I wouldn't count on children being allowed to do this.

G

Both Clubs and for that matter many commercial sites are not happy with ball games around expensive caravans or motorhomes. What may seem harmless fun sooner or later has Dad? or big brother showing how good they are and the ball flies usually into someone else's outfit. Many sites do however have an adjacent ball park where all sorts of games are allowed.

As for the C&CC it is up to you. We find the majority of their sites are as good as the CC, if not better because they attract a greater variety of campers. Of course, there are bad ones in both Organisations but the bottom line is if you wish to virtually double your access to good sites, and get away from the weekend mayhem on CC sites, then join them both. You could of course also play at being a 'non-member' but it will cost you over a year.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
I'm not sure what response you hoped for to the question about children and ball games, but the answer has to be 'No'. The C&CC rules definitely state that ball-games may be played in designated areas only, and between caravans is certainly not a designated area on any site. You might not mind, but what about your neigbours? I have seen site managers come along and put a stop to ball games, so I wouldn't count on children being allowed to do this.
thats the answer i wanted i dont want me santa fe or me wyoming damaged

Feb 7, 2008
Visit site
Jo-Anne, We are members of both and to be honest I prefer the C&CC. My biggest gripe with the CC is that you can never book any of the sites after the on-line booking service comes on line in Jan as they fill up straight away. I feel that this is down to the fact that the CC don't charge a deposit so people book sites on the off chance that they may fancy going at the time but know that if they don't go then it won't cost them.

The C&CC charge a

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts