Camping Cheque/Norfolk Line bargain ferry crossings

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
At the moment Camping Cheque are offering £37.00 each way ferry crossings for car and caravan, or £29 car only, with Norfolk Line, limited to outward on a Sunday, and return on a Friday for ALL TIMES AND ALL DATES in 2010. I've just tried and got a quote for a return crossing, including 3 camping cheques for just £99.00 - even better than last year!

If crossing on a Sunday and returning on a Friday suit you then this has to be a bargain. Book anytime until the end of October.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Sorry, should have said Dover to Dunkerque - and applies to a car/caravan combination of less than 12 metres, and with up to four passengers.

G

Its annoying of some of those ferry crossing websites, it seems the prices cab change daily back and forth.

Really annoying, but i soppose you still need to keep an eye out and jump when the offer looks very good.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Gafferbill - I'm so glad you booked at the price I quoted. I was beginning to think I'd made a mistake (but I'm usually careful).

We're kicking ourselves that we didn't book at the time - because today any crossing seems to be

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
The Camping Cheque offer applies only to 2010 with Norfolk Lines - and only to car/caravan combination of less than 12 metres. The main problem is probably the length of your van - each extra metre is charged - and puts up the price for each crossing.

The Norfolk Lines website is still playing up, so if that's where you've got your quote from, it might just be worthwhile phoning them to check. Although if you only use it once it can come up with a 'sensible' price, that isn't always repeated if you go back in to check again, and I still got a quote yesterday which was completely off the wall.

At the NEC Caravan Show earlier this year Norfolk Lines had a real bargain offer - might just be worth waiting until then. Someone who visits is bound to post details of the offer/promotional code, etc.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Not really - we have a Gold Card but use paper Camping Cheques as well. We've not really found an advantage to the Gold Card as we tend not to book in advance - where it would come in useful - apart from it saves filling in the cheques each time!

If you want to book in advance then it may be worth it. Each night on site adds a 'loyalty point' and if you get enough points then your next Gold Card is free. There are also special offers such as wine with your meal in the restaurant, free access to facilities which may be paid for, and free bike hire, etc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts