camping cheques

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just returned from a two month tour of Austia, Italy (north), Switzerland and France (east) mainly using camping cheques (first time) have found them very good value. However if you like other Brit's around you then you will be disappointed, we found mainly Dutch.

We will be using them again, not only for the value but also the fact that you pay up front in sterling, it takes away some degree of hassle.

As a matter of interest we stayed at a site in the Drome region of France and a french couple were bemoaning the fact that the site now took camping cheques as before the site was virtually empty and now fairly full. It illustates how popular they are.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think it's a seasonal thing, as well as the Dutch being canny and knowing good value when they see it. Even before we used Camping Cheques we found that early season (before end June) we met mostly Dutch caravanners, but late season (after end August) many more Brits were around on site. You're right, though, it does make sites more popular - which is why the owners joined the organisation in the first place - to fill up their sites, and to make opening facilities viable.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have just had a wonderful three weeks in France using Camping Cheques for the first time. Certainly there were many Dutch campers, which we are well used to and which is no problem. Nor was the fairly low number of Brits a problem. What did seem strange was the relatively small number of French campers we encountered - on the very few occcasions I heard French spoken, it inevitably turned out to be either Belgian or Swiss nationals speaking it! I have looked on the French language section of the Camping Cheque website and it is actually livelier than its English equivalent, so clearly someone is staying on these sites in the off-season. So why do I never meet them?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts