Camping de la Baie - Southern Brittany

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I have just booked a ferry crossing in August with a view to staying at the above site. Nothing on UK campsite reviews about it. Has anyone been and if so what it is like. We have three young children so the fact that it is a stones throw from the beach appealed. I was horrified at the cost of Plymouth - Roscoff ferry £771. I booked with the CC as you pay £100 now and the rest in June whereas BF want all your money now. Their quotes were the same though. Hope someone can help. Thankyou Denise.

Dec 13, 2007
Visit site
Hello Denise We went there a few years ago, excellent site all piches hedged, toilet blocks clean and the whole site had a manicured look about it, but access to the piches could be tight for large outfits. The beach is accessed just ouside the site across what was then a very minor road, there was a resturant which overlooked the beach again this was good and quite good value.

The pool on site was not too large and very popular with the children. We went low season on touring cheques this proved to be good value and the weather was great - 28 degrees for most of the holiday. Hope this helps- Alb

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Alb, that sounds promising. How was the access into the site? We do have a twin axle van and I have told them this and it seems ok with them. We have been given pitch A12 which is away from the pool nearer the other side of the site. Thanks for the info. Denise

Dec 13, 2007
Visit site
As I remember pulling into the site was ok. People in reception were brilliant, but the access road to the pitches was tight and the site roads were not that wide.

However I had a 7m van and the people we were with had a twin axle but we pitched OK with no problems.I would also add that you could pitch however you wanted to on your pitch

The area is great and I am sure that you will have a brilliant time, enjoy yourselves-Alb

Mar 18, 2007
Visit site
If you haven't already booked your campsite, have a look at camping les menhirs at Carnac Plage. Lovely beach about 300m from campsite, good pool complex. Good selection of bars and resturants and supermarket within walking distance.

We went the year before last. Access onto the site okay but the roads round the site are tight and pitching was a problem, pitches small and mostly soil. I was initially disappointed when we arrived there but got used to it. The cars were parked over the road from the pitch and it was a free for all for parking. We found the site very very dusty, but otherwise toilet blocks etc were clean. We liked the fact that you could walk into town in an evening, and you could actually walk to the supermarket at a push but would not advise for a big shop. The fresh fish was marvelous. We understand that some alterations were imminent.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts