Camping Fontanelle Lake Garda

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
John

Its years since we stayed there but it is in a good location right on the lake although you have to be lucky to get a pitch along the lake. The approach needs some care as it is narrow in places. The village of Moniga is a short walk. When we were there they only had hot showers available for a few hours in the morning then again in evening. As I say was a long time ago that we stayed (1992) so things could have changed. Its been in the CC ABS system for years.

David

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We stayed at this site in summer 2003 and had a really nice holiday, things have improved since David was there, a new shower block, new pool and nice restaurant / bar and a good shop on site. At the time of booking I requested a lakeside pitch but when we arrived I was pleased that we were at the top of the steep site as getting down there was very steep and narrow. You can walk on the lake edge to Moniga and catch the ferry boat over to Simnioni (?), a good site for touring around, you can catch a train to Venice from Desensano, a short drive away.

My only critisim of the site was that there are very few water taps around and I had to lug my water up the hill to the caravan, but I would go again without hestiation

Aug 20, 2005
Visit site
Stayed at this site July/Aug 2005 and loved it. Took the ferry(which was a 5 minute stroll from site) to Sirmione. Caught the train from Desenzano (10 mins by car) to Verona and drove to Venice. Going again 2006.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we drove down to Lake Garda 4 years ago, admittedly without the van.We travelled via rheims down to L Geneva down to Chamonix, thru the tunnels to N.Italy across via Turin, Milan etc. and arrived and southern tip of L. Garda and then up the eastern side of the lake to Malcesne. Couldn't help noticing the campsites beside the lake of which there were many were very popular with people from Austria and Germany as quite close for W/Es but were densely packed with small pitches on top of each other.

We returned via the Dolomite mountains to Cortina , Brenner pass to Innsbruck,Inn valley to Basle, Mulhouse and back north to the channel.

Wonderful holiday, driving no problems.

We have repeated the trip since with variations, this year are planning something similar with the van on the back.

As someone else said don't travel down the western side of the lake with the caravan, the roads are narrow with many tunnels and no place for a van! you have been warned!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts