camping in Normandy

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi,we r going to tour around Normandy this year, in our motorhome, we would like to visit the D Day beaches,can anyone recommend good campsites in area, and is it easy to park near the beaches our motorhome is about 22 feet in lenghth, many thanks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tanya, I can recommend the Camping Municipal at Ste Mere Eglise. This was the first town liberated on D-day. During the summer months a model of an American paratrooper is suspended from the church tower which is re-enacting a true event in the early hours of D-day. it is close to the Utah one of the the American landing beaches.

There is a very good web site which lists French sites where it is possible to select 'Normandy' and then 'Manche' which will give you a good selection of sites in the area. The address of the site has slipped my memory but I will add it asap.

Ray

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tanya, I can recommend the Camping Municipal at Ste Mere Eglise. This was the first town liberated on D-day. During the summer months a model of an American paratrooper is suspended from the church tower which is re-enacting a true event in the early hours of D-day. it is close to the Utah one of the the American landing beaches.

There is a very good web site which lists French sites where it is possible to select 'Normandy' and then 'Manche' which will give you a good selection of sites in the area. The address of the site has slipped my memory but I will add it asap.

Ray
Tanya www.campingfrance.com and select Basse Normandy and then Manche. Ste Mere Englis is one the last listed in this section.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Ray
There is no problem parking near the beacheseither in free carparks or alongside roads on the verge. Remember this is France and they cater for tourists and make them much more welcome than the UK.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts