camping les medes

Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
Hi there

We had a week at Les Medes, September 2004 and had mixed feelings. It has good facilities and nice pools (1 indoor), Estartit is nice and walking distance however we found it pretty cramped and full even out of season and without staying a minimum of a week (and paying up front) it would have been rather expensive.

No doubt there will be more posts as it is very popular.

Hope this helps

Dave

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
We were at Les Medes summer of 2006, late June early July. Site facilities were very clean, toilets & shower block cleaned several times a day. Restaurant on site serving good food at reasonable prices, swimming pool and surrounding area kept clean and life guard on duty. Staff were friendly and helpful. Within easy walking distance of beach with safe gently sloping beach. Estartit approx 35 minutes walking distance away, there was also a "land train" doing a circuit to and from the town with a pick up point at the road end.Pitches had electric hook up, water and drainage.

On the downside I would need to agree with David, the site is very crowded and cramped. Pitches are small, I estimated them at around 60 sq yds. My van had a shipping length of just over 7mtr and barely fitted on the pitch. The only way to erect the awning is to park lengthways, parallel to the road. That's how everyone on the site was pitched.The space between my van and the outfits on either side was so tight that I had to turn sideways to walk between them.

Would I go back? ....... certainly not in high or mid season.

Robert

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts