Campsite for bank holiday

Jun 23, 2006
Visit site
i have just spent 3 hours of this afternoon trying to book a site for a carvan and a tent for sat/sun of august bank holiday. Being new to caravanning, i niavely thought I could book for such a weekend 2 or 3 weeks in advance! I have now learnt the hard way! Does anyone know of a site with elec hookup in the matlock/leek/derbyshire area (as we want to visit Gullivers Kingdom) that may have availability? Many thanks Joanne

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
everywhere seems to be booked up joanne, 5 years ago the only time you needed to book was easter but now caravvanning has grown so big in such a short time we have found we need to book well in advance all year long. we book for new year as we leave from the previous new years trip it is that busy and the rest of the season is just as bad these days. i think you will allmost certainly be out of luck on all the main sites in derbyshire.

Jun 23, 2006
Visit site
oh well I know now don't I!! I have found a couple of sites that have spaces but no elec hookup - we are going to be there 2 nights - what will it be like running off battery as we have never done this. We can run cooker, fridge etc of gas, only need electric for lights, tv and water heater - will a battery last for 2 nights? thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts