Campsite near Lille

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a campsite near to Lille that is open all the year round? Thinking of going to the Christmas market.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Sadly no, there is a considerable dearth of sites around Lille, i.e. essentially zero. Unusually for a French town or city there isn't even a municipal!

Your best bet is to look for a site in Belgium and travel by road or rail to Lille. There is a good municipal at Blaarmeersen in Gent which is about 40 miles (on free motorway) from Lille but whether it is open all year I know not. Gent is also an interesting place to visit.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
As Woodentop state, places are few and far between, open all year. Belgium, might hold more help. I will ask a friend who lives in Lille and se what they come back with.
One winter we stayed at Fontain les Clercs in Montreuil, sur mer, and travel to Lille, but it takes an hour or so. All the sites in Belgium seemed totally non friendly, strange for the Belgiacs.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Paul T , jus got a reply from
our French Friends who live in Lile, , there are no sites near to them. . They suggesst " Strasbourge".

Thats from locals. Oui, Edmond va beaucoup mieux et nous serons à VERMENTON pour le mois d'Août, nous arriverons

sans doute le dernier week end.

Sorry folks use google translage.
Hutch and Elaine. Xx

A notre connaissance il n'y a pas de camping proche de Lille. Ils sont situés sur la cote ou dans la

campagne vers Avesnes ou dans les Flandres et la Somme.

Le marché de Noël est loin de valoir celui de STRASBOURG.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Paul T, just got the translatrion, our friends state that as far as they know there are no sites near to Lille, they suggest near to the coast or the ferry ports, they also
All the best
Hutch. say the market in Strasbourg is much better than the one in Lille.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi Paul, I found this site on eurocampings.
http://www.eurocampings.co.uk/belgium/hainaut/tournai/camping-de-lorient-101635/7

Another one , camping du grand sart. Just on the south east of lille, google maps shows it. and another http://www.campingimage.com
Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts