Campsite search engines...

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
Is it just me or are both the CAMC and CC&C search engines a PITA ? For instance, I spotted a CAMC site near Chipping Norton which was nowhere to be found on the site but managed to link to it via a Google result eventually. I think it was CC&C website which doesn't seem to class Dorset as the South West... So where is it then? You can manage to get the dorset sites if you go in through map view. Their mobile sites both seem to be a lot worse than the desktop sites. I seem to routinely find campsites I like the look of. If heaven forbid I forget to bookmark the page and go in later to find it, it's often nowhere to be found and I end up going round in loops trying every permutation of clicks and options to finally get to it again. Is it just me who has these problems? I should send an email to the respective webmasters, but I'm wondering if it's just me as I can be a bit muddle headed at times.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The campsite by Chipping Norton is C&CC. We stayed there once, but no dog walk unless you walk on a busy A road.
Dorset is not generally regarded as south west. It falls under southern England. We often visit Dorset and have stayed on some very nice campsites in Dorset i.e. East Fleet Farm, South Lytchett Manor, New Forest CAMC site plus a couple of CLs. The first two mentioned are excellent value for money and have fully serviced pitches with water and waste water hookups.
We have not really found a problem when searching for sites as there are numerous other websites with the same info and sometimes a lot easier to use as you can filter out what you do not want. i.e. restaurant or bar on site, swimming pool, near a beach etc https://www.pitchup.com/

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
If I recall correctly, CAMC doesn’t have a “Southern England” category and brings up nothing under “South West”. But you can find the sites by clicking on the map. Pitch up site is good, very often more detail than on the club pages.

Reactions: Hutch and Buckman
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If I recall correctly, CAMC doesn’t have a “Southern England” category and brings up nothing under “South West”. But you can find the sites by clicking on the map. Pitch up site is good, very often more detail than on the club pages.
There is a region called Southern England on the CAMC search engine.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I find the most usefull one , is UK campsites. Good filters and good reviews, although it doesn't always get rid of sites that are no longer there.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
There may have been a mistake in what was intended in the first post but Chipping Norton won't be found in Dorset as it is in Oxfordshire.
Where is Oxfordshire? Technically usually classed as south Midlands, but some say south, some say south west, some say south east so you have lost whichever way you go!

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
Ah poor syntax from me. I have been looking at campsites in numerous different locations, I was giving separate examples but the wording looks like they are related.
Im looking high and low for somewhere to go for the Jubilee bank holiday, but the rest of the country seem to have the same idea.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Ah poor syntax from me. I have been looking at campsites in numerous different locations, I was giving separate examples but the wording looks like they are related.
Im looking high and low for somewhere to go for the Jubilee bank holiday, but the rest of the country seem to have the same idea.
It's the school summer half-term with little or no variation across the different education authorities - it may be easier to find a pitch going north, but like you everyone wants to go south.

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
We quite often try a different approach...find an area/town we fancy on google maps and then do the 'nearby' search for caravan sites, then go off and google each site (we like to know proximity to trunk roads for access/noise etc)

We've just booked east coast for jubilee weekend. You may have more luck finding space on a CL/CS rather than a big site, unless you can drop on something on either's late availability checker.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Which is why we are booked onto a CL in Gloucestershire. Cheaper and not so crowded.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts