Campsites in the Loire Valley

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
We have two category 2 staffordshire bull terriers (with pedigree) and want to visit the Loire Valley. We do not need the swimming pools, children's play area etc. Would just like fully services pitch with toilet block. Anybody got any suggestions, please.

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi Sara,after reading your post I thought you might be interested in a site near LOCHES.It belongs to a lovely english couple,John and Ros.We have stayed there every time we go to France.Nice and clean showers and loos,veg and washing up areas.Laid back atmos.Powerful electric supply and free use of large chest freezer.John even does a bit of shopping so if there is anything you need he usually gets it.Eggs from their hens and garden produce in exchange for small donation to garden fund.Above ground pool,fishing and lovely walks.No extra charge for dogs as we take our 2 bears(poms).Provided dogs are well behaved I do not think you will have a problem here.It is called "CAMPING DE LA TOUCHE"Surrounded by sunflower fields.Lots of regulars and people who keep their vans stored there.Have a look on GOOGLE and see what you think. It is listed in Caravan Club Europe Book.Free WIFI now too.You cant beat it,gets better every visit.Will be back there next spring.Open ALL YEAR.

Hope this helps,it makes a change as I am usually looking for some advice!!!!!!!!

Thurdays Child

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Slightly off the Loire but still close enough if you must is the municipal at Chinon. It is alongside the river and little more that five minutes walk across the bridge in to a small but very pleasant town. Facilities are good, albeit it is necessary to choose your pitch as it can get a bit congested at times. I don't think they have full service pitches but all have EHU at 10 or 16A.

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Thursdays Child. Had a look at the website which looks really good. Will definitely keep this one in mind. Thanks also Woody. Will have a look at your suggestion as well. Any other suggestions gratefully received. Sara

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sara. We stay at a campsite in Sonazy,Kawan Villages l'arada parc. Its on the old road n138 le man to Tours ,and there is a vet in the 25 Avenue de tours tel 0243440994 [cabinet veterinaire]. www.laradaparc.com for site. We have two Yorkies ,the vet charges about

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi Rob, Thanks for your suggestion. Also for the info on the vet. We see one in Dinan and stay at Les Hallerais at Taden for a couple of nights as we really love Dinan. Have stayed 3 times in France and have always had fully serviced pitches - we tend to like our own creature comforts!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts