Can anyone Advise on a road trip from Cherbourg to Salou...

Jun 3, 2024
Visit site
hi all
I am considering a 1400 km (each way trip through France and into Cambrils to stay in San Guli near Salou.
I would normally do the 600 km run from Bilbo to Sanguli but Britney Ferries has no pet-friendly cabins.

I have a 2.0 ltr Discovery Sport towing a Venus 550/4, Google maps is saying 14 hrs, and I know a lot of Dutch go to the same camp site takes 20 plus hrs.

Any tips or advice gratefully Taken

Jun 3, 2024
Visit site
Brittany Ferries do have pet friendly cabins, but whether they are available at the time when you are making a booking is another issue?
Thanks for the advise Buckman, that's the problem, the Pet friendly and Kennels are all gone for the Dates when we can go. I have made the executive call and wont do the drive as I am guessing it will take a good 18 hrs to drive from top of France to Salou, not worth it. So on to plan B lol

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Could you engage a good dog sitter or kennels? Sacrilege to some dog owners I know, but our now elderly mutt is happy with being boarded out.
Mel

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the advise Buckman, that's the problem, the Pet friendly and Kennels are all gone for the Dates when we can go. I have made the executive call and wont do the drive as I am guessing it will take a good 18 hrs to drive from top of France to Salou, not worth it. So on to plan B lol
Is there a reason why you cannot put the dogs in kennels on board the ferry. Ours always travelled in the kennels when visiting Spain. We would take them out for a walk last thing at night and again first thing in the morning. There is a secluded area for the dogs to walk. Obviously during the day we took them out for walks around the deck as much as possible.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Is there a reason why you cannot put the dogs in kennels on board the ferry. Ours always travelled in the kennels when visiting Spain. We would take them out for a walk last thing at night and again first thing in the morning. There is a secluded area for the dogs to walk. Obviously during the day we took them out for walks around the deck as much as possible.
I wouldn't put our dogs in those kennels, it would stress the out too much. Bad enough leaving the at home for a few hours. They were fine in the back of the car for 4 hours.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I wouldn't put our dogs in those kennels, it would stress the out too much. Bad enough leaving the at home for a few hours. They were fine in the back of the car for 4 hours.
Nothing wrong with the kennels on board the ferry we used to Santander and dogs were not bothered. We had 3 dogs in 2 kennels as they are small dogs i.e Yorkshire terriers. Also they are sued to being left at home or in the caravan on their own for short periods of a few hours. I guess a lot depends on the dog itself. :unsure:

Jun 3, 2024
Visit site
Nothing wrong with the kennels on board the ferry we used to Santander and dogs were not bothered. We had 3 dogs in 2 kennels as they are small dogs i.e Yorkshire terriers. Also they are sued to being left at home or in the caravan on their own for short periods of a few hours. I guess a lot depends on the dog itself. :unsure:
Agree with you about the kennels, however, my wife and kids and the dog are separate, we did leave her once for 3 weeks to go to the USA, and came home to a dog that would not eat for the kennels, at this stage, it would be like leaving a newborn in a kennel lol,

Reactions: Hutch
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Agree with you about the kennels, however, my wife and kids and the dog are separate, we did leave her once for 3 weeks to go to the USA, and came home to a dog that would not eat for the kennels, at this stage, it would be like leaving a newborn in a kennel lol,
I can understand, but on the ferry it is only one night and you can see the dog often and also play with them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts