Can anyone recommend an insurer?

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi there, It's a question asked time and time again. I have been quoted £179 to insure my 3 year old Bailey Pageant Moselle by the CC. It does not qualify for new for old anymore unless I want to pay a lot of money. I am a bit p****d off with the CC for a number of reasons and the latest was there renewal quote of £273 to re-insure my caravan. (this is a new for old quote) I phoned them and asked if it would still be new for old insurance as 3 weeks into the new policy it turns 3 years old. They said that it would not be covered and when I asked them if they would have told me this and they said no. However they are quite happy to take the full new for old premium to begin with! They have re-quoted £179 but I would like to go elsewhere. So, can anyone recommend a reputable insurer? Thanks in advance. Andy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andy

I have just been through the renewal process. Many Insurers did not cover for Europe. My best qoute was Fortis Insurance Ltd through a Broker - www.insurancechoice.co.uk Tel: 08445577620

Jun 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I thought the CC new for old insurance over 3 year old was a bit on the expensive side a few years ago ,but when someone in a large 4x4 ran into the back of me and wrote the van off ,all of a sudden it seemed money well spent ,and the ease of claim and speed of settlement was a credit to the CC insurers,if you want to cover for the unexpected and you have a late model van I would shell out the bit extra ,it was worth it for me

Baza

May 22, 2006
Visit site
Also have a look at "Tourer Select" I found them very competitive 3 years ago and I`m still with them after just renewing for another year last week. I did look at other quotes but decided to stay with them.

G

Please remember that the CC, C&CC and many other Companies are not actually offering you insurance. They are merely acting as agents for Insurance Companies who work through many intermediaries. It is often the case that you can get a cheaper quote from exactly the same insurer by using a different intermediary, who wants your new custom and gives a discount. It is also true that loyalty now counts for little and by staying with the same Intermediary Company over the years you often get charged more.

One answer is to get your 'mouse' to do some walking when you get the renewal quote, try and see what is on offer online. Then contact your current insurer advising them of your better findings online and more often than not, they will reduce your renewal premium to something close. If they don't, then ditch them and go elsewhere and try again a year later. As a new customer they will offer you a nice discount.

Ridiculous I agree, but that is the way they all want to play it. I currently use C&CC for the van and Saga for the car. I ditched CC several years ago as they treated me like a 'cash cow'.

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi Andy

Funnily enough just had a similar experieince with insurers, Am just upgrading to brand new van. Called Caravan Guard who advised would not insure new van due to where stored, Did ring back second time to check., contacted C&CC got insurance no problem, even got discount because of where I store it!! Just shows you can never tell, fickle is all I can say! Hope you get sorted soon

Di

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
CC are recommended as they dont specify locked gates in storage as other companies do.

Been down the avenue of getting quotes as they say you can save x amount until they say "where is the van kept in storage and is access locked" answer no as it is on a farm so wont insure.

May 7, 2007
Visit site
I had a phone call today from our caravan insurance company (Caravan Guard) telling me my insurance is due for renewal on 17th May 09 and that because our caravan will be five years old in September 09 they will no longer insure it new for old, they will insure it for it's current value and the premiums will be slightly lower.

I had a look on the Camping & Caravaning Club website at their insurance and have now insured our van with them for a cheaper premium for the same level of cover except they cover your caravan new for old up to ten years old providing you insure your van with them before your van reaches five years old.

I will be on the phone tomorrow to Caravan Guard to say I will not be renewing my insurance with them. Their Loss.

Regards

Graham (Ponty)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts