Can you suggest a CL in Dorset

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I find there is never enough information available on CL's. We stayed at a CL in North Yorkshire for the first time in October.

We have always used Club sites, but funds where low and we fancied the break.

How wonderfull no gangs of kids and noisey neighbours, just peace and quiet.

So this year we intend to use them more. We are looking to spend two weeks in Dorset, not to far from the coast. Hubby likes to have at least a loo and would also like a shower. Why I don't know as van has both. He spent one night in a tent, went out and bought a new Caravan then won't use the facilities on board. Men!

Look forward to your suggestions, thanks in advance.

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Elaine

Have a look at www.armcher.com There are 2 DVDs showing CLS I do not know if there are any in Dorset but the princapal used gives a good insite in the Cls visited.Must declare an interest as my wife and I run one of the Cls covered. good hunting

David O

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Elaine, There are not many CL's in Dorset there are more CS's. There are some good small comercial (with a small c)sites.

Church Farm Sixpenney Handley is a good site just inside the Wilts border with Dorset. It is part private and part CS. www.churchfarmcandcpark.co.uk

Another good small site is Meadow View at Wigbeth which is to the north of Wimborne www.meadowviewcaravanpark.co.uk

I live in Dorset, if there is anything specific you wish to know please ask.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thank you to you both, I have ordered the CD David thanks.

The Sites look good Ray, looks like meadow view for 1 week and will look for some where closer to the coast for another week.

Our daughter 9 likes classical concerts do you have any out side concerts down your way Ray. She likes hunting for Fossils which to be honest is our main reason for visiting Dorset. We normaly have a couple of weekends in the Tent the two of us near Whitby N.Yorkshire as Hubby is not keen. We have been thinking of coming when the schools are still in session, or are the best places busy at all times. Do you have good spring high tides down there in Dorset, have found our best finds laying around on the beach after a good tide.

Hubby fancies the Steam Fair, so will probably be down again later in the year as well.

Any info would be great Ray and if you ever visit Lincolnshire don't hesitate.

elainestones@aol.com

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Elaine, a good source of what is on in Dorset is www.dorset-newforest.com It has links to other sites e.g West Dorset, Weymouth etc.

With regards to fossils the best bet is West Dorset, the 'Jurrasic coast', especially around Kimmeridge, Lulworth etc.

There are loads of good sites in the area, see page 2 of this forum dated 10th December regarding Golden Cap.

There are always outdoor music concerts at Kingston Lacey , Dorchester Agriculture College etc. in the summer.

Dorset is busy in the Summer and of course the weather can be variable but if you book early there should be no problems getting a site. If you let me know when you think you will be here I will check what is on. Ray

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Elaine, There are not many CL's in Dorset there are more CS's. There are some good small comercial (with a small c)sites.

Church Farm Sixpenney Handley is a good site just inside the Wilts border with Dorset. It is part private and part CS. www.churchfarmcandcpark.co.uk

Another good small site is Meadow View at Wigbeth which is to the north of Wimborne www.meadowviewcaravanpark.co.uk

I live in Dorset, if there is anything specific you wish to know please ask.
Please may I take up your offer of more advice Ray?

I'm going to post a separate question, but spotted this discussion before I got started.

My wife and I are looking for a site open during January / February which has proper winterised facilities (showers, loo etc).

The Caravan Club does this (we are members) but they don't open any sites on the South coast during the winter and I'm struggling to find anywhere of similar quality which is open. It seems people in the North are well catered for during the winter, but us southerners aren't expected to go away outside the main season.!

We'd like to visit Dorset - my wife has fond memories and family associations with that area, but we could stay anywhere near the coast....

If you can advise, many thanks.

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts