Canadian Seeks Information

Mar 28, 2009
Visit site
I plan to buy a caravan in the UK, use it there for two or three months in the year and store it there until the next visit. There doesn't seem to be any problem with that part of the plan but acquiring a tow vehicle seems to be problematic.

It seems that non-residents are not able to insure a car for use in the UK or Europe. I had hoped to buy and sell a used tow vehicle each visit.

Has anyone else dealt with this issue? I may have to rent but rental companies don't answer my queries.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
As you are planning to tour Europe and arriving from overseas you need not limit yourself to seeking insurance coverage through UK companies. For a start, you could ask your existing Canadian insurer whether they offer policies that include European coverage. Axa, for example, is a multinational insurer that may be able to help you. Failing that, The CAA should be able to point you in the right direction.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
You would find it much easier to hire a Motorhome for the period of your visits.

Put UK motorhome hire into your search engine.

Mar 28, 2009
Visit site
You would find it much easier to hire a Motorhome for the period of your visits.

Put UK motorhome hire into your search engine.
My visits will be for lengths of two or three months. Motorhome rentals would not be cheaper.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts