Can't catch them!

Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
Moles! This year I have been pulling my hair out trying to trap them. Now usually I can get them by setting various traps tunnel, scissors and even putange,s but not so successful this year. Think the reason is the wet summer we had. With the ground being so wet it is collapsing there runs and when they clean them ,they are pushing the spoil towards the traps, thus setting them off. Anyone got any cyanide? Anyone else finding this problem?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I used to go out in our paddock and collect Mr Moles soil hills. Really great for seed compost. Then tamp the soil flat and firm so the hole didn’t cause human, canine or equine harm.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I think that there is a device that creates a thumping noise through the ground which deters them. When we were kids back in the early sixties we were paid by our school £0.1s.0p per mole caught on the sport fields. Amazing how many moles were in the sport fields! :ROFLMAO:

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We had a mole this year. He seems to have moved on now. Fortunately did not go to our lovely neighbours to our right who keeps an impeccable lawn. Our equally lovely neighbour to our left is building a patio and the thumping probably sent Mr Mole back to the cow pasture from whence he came. We just put the soul into the greenhouse. Didn’t bother us, improved the drainage on our soggy back garden. Live and let live.
Mel

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have heard of tying a balloon to a knitting needle, and pushing this into the ground near to the mole run.
I suppose the vibrations from the balloon down the needle annoys them.

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I have heard of tying a balloon to a knitting needle, and pushing this into the ground near to the mole run.
I suppose the vibrations from the balloon down the needle annoys them.
I think the same applies to a 2l empty coke bottle upside on the metal rod?

Jun 26, 2022
Visit site
Not so much advice on getting rid of the little guys. But if you have a veg patch you would be grateful for their help in keeping down the worst of the garden pests slugs snail millipedes etc. Maybe now is a good time to open up that veg patch. ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts