Cant go anywhere ??

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Whilst sitting having a wine - or nearly a bottle this afternoon and BBQ'ing ( in the middle of France I must say ) today , a family walked past me and asked where we were from ; and I said Sunderland / Newcastle area , I asked why and they said their son recognised my car - talking about my private plate !

I asked where they lived , it just so happened that there were from Catterick - North Yorkshire , where we usually go caravanning to our CL sites at Leyburn , and normally pop into Catterick to do a bit local shopping where they live !!
That's what happens when you have a private plate !!! :p
Had my plate for 24 years now and well known !!

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Whilst sitting having a wine - or nearly a bottle this afternoon and BBQ'ing ( in the middle of France I must say ) today , a family walked past me and asked where we were from ; and I said Sunderland / Newcastle area , I asked why and they said their son recognised my car - talking about my private plate !

I asked where they lived , it just so happened that there were from Catterick - North Yorkshire , where we usually go caravanning to our CL sites at Leyburn , and normally pop into Catterick to do a bit local shopping where they live !!
That's what happens when you have a private plate !!! :p
Had my plate for 24 years now and well known !!

Bet that was unexpected, nice one B)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Years ago some friends went away,found a nice bit of beach and de-camped ,after a short while a head popped up over the wind break next to them.Next door neighbors :woohoo:

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
I went to Switzerland for a meeting with a senior medic from one of the big pharma companies on a Monday. Walking down Oxford St two days later I bumped into him on the pavement...

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Some years ago my wife went into the toilets in a site in France and met the lady who lives opposite us. We knew they were in France but had not realised they were using that site for an overnight stop before heading further South.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
On the path back up from Kynance Cove, we bumped into our window cleaner. Twelve months later, we were sat in an Auberge in the Dordogne, and who walked in and sat at the next table, same guy but with different lady. Difficult or what. :blush:

Gives rise to the old toast "heres to wives and girlfriends, and may they never meet".

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Interesting to see that coincidence happens to others too. Mine - while touring in Europe - include
Next pitch had lady with best friend who was grand daughter of a good friend of our family
Next pitch gent was godfather of one of my drinking mates at college
Same site was someone who knew exactly - to the house where we lived near Southport and had driven past the end of our drive twice daily for all the years we lived there.
Site owner in France whose sister's best friend was a technician I had employed to work in their local milk factory.
If you are of mathematical bent and expand 'coincidence' to Venn Diagram concept - set thory - then even more mutual contacts arise.
It's become one of the pleasures of visiting new sites - who might we meet ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts