car and caravan match

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
'Whattowcar' may be a good starting point to get a rough idea of the match but I have found that their data is not always very accurate, so you can't rely on the result 100%.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Absolutely correct lutz, the problem with whattowcar .com is that all the data is from foreign versions of cars with different specs to british ones so the results are inacurate for uk use. the site was 200 kgs out on my alhambra on the dangerous side ?.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
The data isn't even correct for non-UK spec vehicles. Besides, the kerbweight figures that 'whattowcar' uses is based on manufacturers' published data and that, at best, can only be a rough guideline. Have a look at the data in the MPV comparison that I posted as a topic elsewhere in this forum and you will see what I mean.

G

Lutz,

As we discussed a while back the actual kerbweight of a car is usually heavier than the listed kerbweight so you could state that Whattowcar's data is erring on the conservative side, and from a safety point of view has to be better than erring the other way.

At least it gives a starting point for discussion and can be used for comparison between models. Of course any individual outfit should then be checked on a weighbridge.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Agreed, Scotch Lad. Whattowcar is a reasonable starting point and, besides, it's not going to make much difference to the match whether the weight ratio is a few percent either way. Only the legal and manufacturers' limits must be observed strictly.

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
What did you say Gavin "call me an old fashioned Scot or what".

You sure you don't live here in Aberdeen ??

regards

Val & Frank
Hi Frank,

i could'nt afford to live in Aberdeen! My work takes me there a lot though, i drive for British Bakeries,(Hovis). I cover the city centre,Blackburn and Kemnay,

Gavin.

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Frank,

i could'nt afford to live in Aberdeen! My work takes me there a lot though, i drive for British Bakeries,(Hovis). I cover the city centre,Blackburn and Kemnay,

Gavin.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts