Car door edge protectors guards for my new car

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Trying to get some car door edge protectors guards for my 2023 Ford Tourneo Connect i was thinking like Halfords or Euro car parts or the dealer so any input i would appreciate

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
They are a good idea, and protect your doors from damaging other cars, but other people's doors will still chip your car.
Good luck though.

Reactions: Beachball
Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Where i park the car it near a wall i am just trying to protect the door (y)

We screwed a length of pressure treated timber (1" x 1/2") to the wall alongside where my wife parks to prevent the same issue. So far, so good as the soft timber stops any paint getting chipped. Mind you, it wasn't much help when I dropped a hammer on it while replacing a couple of roof tiles on the porch.............

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
BB,
Good idea . They will protect your door edge and other cars👍
Amazon have a good selection. Let the fingers do the walking.
I imagine the Dealer will be expensive

I park one of ours with its nearside door adjacent to a wall. So anyone using the passenger side has to wait till I’ve reversed or get out before the car is fully parked. If I parked it further away from the wall then postie with his bag would try and squeeze by risking a scratch or two. Only complication is I have to move it to wash it or check tyres.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We screwed a length of pressure treated timber (1" x 1/2") to the wall alongside where my wife parks to prevent the same issue. So far, so good as the soft timber stops any paint getting chipped. Mind you, it wasn't much help when I dropped a hammer on it while replacing a couple of roof tiles on the porch.............
The treated timber a good idea but the hammer i will give a miss on thanks

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The car door edge protectors in #1 have come should they be level with the front door handle or just below .any input would be appreciated

Attachments

• 20230112_111955.jpg
    20230112_111955.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 11
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
A month to be delivered BB?
The usual rule of thumb is to place them on the most vulnerable section of the door, ie the part is most likely to hit the wall first when you open the door. Otherwise aesthetically totally upto you

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Doesn’t the car brochure show any fitted?
Given there is a horizontal body crease just level with the Center line of the door handle I would start the protector downwards from that point. It is unlikely to be sufficiently flexible to go over the body crease and still sit tightly to the body.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
A month to be delivered BB?
The usual rule of thumb is to place them on the most vulnerable section of the door, ie the part is most likely to hit the wall first when you open the door. Otherwise aesthetically totally upto you
Hi DD they were here next day delivery but at present i have mobility issues with my right leg and now into the seventh week but when i am able i will give it a go , but thanks for your input

Reactions: Dustydog
Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Good luck with the door protectors Beachball and wishing you a speedy recovery.
Just a suggestion....occasionaly remove the door protectors and give the paintwork underneath a quick clean.
You would be suprised how much muck gets trapped underneath them👍

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi DD they were here next day delivery but at present i have mobility issues with my right leg and now into the seventh week but when i am able i will give it a go , but thanks for your input
Just a thought BB. Are they a flexible plastic? It may be easier warming them up in hot water first. Hope your mobility improves soon. Not a clot I hope

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Pity it was not mandatory to fit door edge protectors as over the years it has probably cost us a couple of hundred getting chips removed. Granted some where probably from supermarkets trolleys that will find you even when you park miles away from anybody else on a supermarket car park! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just a thought BB. Are they a flexible plastic? It may be easier warming them up in hot water first. Hope your mobility improves soon. Not a clot I hope
Hi DD I was thinking of doing that way it makes them easier to fit (No clot ) but i have leg ulcers on my nerve system and it very painful .so pain dose has been up

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Good luck with the door protectors Beachball and wishing you a speedy recovery.
Just a suggestion....occasionaly remove the door protectors and give the paintwork underneath a quick clean.
You would be suprised how much muck gets trapped underneath them👍
When at doctors this week they said it improving but i have appointments right up to our next break that Sunday 20th August (but thanks for the suggestion of cleaning and removing the door protectors )(y)

Reactions: Dustydog
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Pity it was not mandatory to fit door edge protectors as over the years it has probably cost us a couple of hundred getting chips removed. Granted some where probably from supermarkets trolleys that will find you even when you park miles away from anybody else on a supermarket car park! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
i put a pair door protectors on my wife Mitsubishi Colt car but so far when she come back from a supermarket they are more marks where someone shun her rear back panel and i have took it to a car mechanic and knock it out .

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Doesn’t the car brochure show any fitted?
Given there is a horizontal body crease just level with the Center line of the door handle I would start the protector downwards from that point. It is unlikely to be sufficiently flexible to go over the body crease and still sit tightly to the body.
Hi otherclive thanks for suggestion looks like a great starting point i will give it a go

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I doubt the car brochure will show the protectors fitted, unless they are a regular feature of the car.

But there would be little point to fitting the protectors if they didn't cover the most vulnerable part of the door, so just make sure they are fitted to part of the door edge the protrudes the most when the door is opened.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I doubt the car brochure will show the protectors fitted, unless they are a regular feature of the car.

But there would be little point to fitting the protectors if they didn't cover the most vulnerable part of the door, so just make sure they are fitted to part of the door edge the protrudes the most when the door is opened.
Hi Prof John i check that out when i use the car next in a couple of days but thanks for your input much appreciated

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

Often if parts are on the manufacturers accessory list you will see them fitted when viewing the online brochures that then enable the owner to make a purchase.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts