Car insurance abroad

Reg

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
I have just read an article in the Mail (page 49 July 15) which stated that the following companies only normally give third party cover abroad :- Aviva (formerly Norwich Union), Esure, Churchill, Direct Line, LV= and Sheila's Wheels.

I am insured with one of them and I specifically asked if I had comprehensive abroad and whilst towing and was assured that I was OK on both counts. However I was never able to find it written in the policy.

I shall now be "writing" to them and will ask for "written" conformation this time.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
All insurance carries third party insurance abroad as I believe from reading hteir blurb and asking.

But I have noticed that some like the AA and M&S states you have full insurance.

Aviva(norwich union)when I was looking at their insurance last year, their wording was a bit ambiguous, it implied you were fully covered abroad.

I rang and asked them the first call the lady said yes.

The 2nd call the man sad no, it would be an extra charge to have full comprehensive cover abroad.

Getting it in writing is excellent idea.

Jun 22, 2007
Visit site
I am insured with National Farmers union and they include comprehensive cover throughout Europe also stating it on the Insurance certificate.If this is not shown on your certificate you will most likely be only third party.In the past I was insured with Direct line and had to pay extra for what was known as a green card insurance this one of the reasons I changed Insurers as I go abroad every year at least once and it was costing an extra 40 to

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts