Car Radio in caravan

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Am fitting a car raio and speakers in our van but have just realised we need an aerial. What aerial do we need? We have a Vision plus tv exterior aerial connected to a signal booster which I believe does have a hole for FM. Would the radio connect direct into this? Any help apreciated

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When I fitted my radio I just used one of those rubber aerials which are approx 9 inches long. This aerial just lies within the locker and I get perfect reception where ever I go.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Chris, if your TV booster has a socket for FM, use that. Alternatively get a small caravan FM leisure aerial , like the one shown on the Towsure website, and fit that.

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
I used a piece of 30amp earth cable. Just the earth and pushed it into the ariel hole at the back of the set and threaded it through the top of the lockers. Brilliant reception whereever we went. It was a long time ago. I got the tip from a car radio fitter. It was around the time when you didn't want anyone to know that there was a sterio fitted (in case of theft)so you didn't fit an exteria ariel. It worked on all three wave bands as well.

Graham

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for help.

Signal booster does have a socket marked FM so will try that as soon a hubby fits the radio. If no good will look at the rubber aerial idea/or Towsure. Thanks for help

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts