caravam club 'dogs' survey

Feb 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi, Have you seen the survey on the caravan club site regarding dogs? f like us you only caravan so as to holiday with your dogs please complete the survey before even more rules and regulations spoil our past time, yes I know not all of you will agree, but surly we can all show some tolerance and get along?. I have had many holidays both here and abroad with my much missed GWP 'Dennis' who passed away while on holiday in France this year, and hope to enjoy many more with a new puppy.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for bringing that to our attention Katherine.

I wonder what their reasons are for this. At least they haven't included a breed specific question.

Lisa

Sep 15, 2009
Visit site
I don't think it needs to be breed specific.

There are little dogs that are aggressive and noisy, yet there are "dangerous" dogs that never make a noise and roll over to have their belly tickled at every opportunity.

Both my dogs think they are puppies even though the eldest is 10 years old, they are both proper lap dogs too, one ids tiny, but the other is a lurcher LOL.

Jimbo

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Found the survey and duly filled it in.

If this is a concerted effort of those that don't own dogs to have them outlawed on any CC site l would have no option but to cancel my membership, l already belong to the C&CC which we use very occasionally it would mean using them all the time plus more of the private sites.

Can't seem to see where the club is coming from on this one as there are quite a few of us that own dogs.

We are responsible people the wife an l and so are the majority of dog owners, we provide our own bags, never leave them in the van on their own, take them with us every where we go, including the pub as the pubs have gone the other way and stated dog friendly ones, well they need to as most are closing.

Take heed CC, not saying you would have to close but all the members you have just taken in this year could well be reversed.

I am waiting now for the onslaught of anti dog owners.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jim

Worryingly, a few campsites are bringing in breed specific bans. I tried to book a site in Derbyshire recently and due to the breed of dogs I have, I was turned away.

Coupled with the Dog Status Units which are appearing around the country, it's a worrying time. But that's not for here as the 'lady' from Fat Fighters would say...... LOL!

Off the soapbox now.

Lisa

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jim

Worryingly, a few campsites are bringing in breed specific bans. I tried to book a site in Derbyshire recently and due to the breed of dogs I have, I was turned away.

Coupled with the Dog Status Units which are appearing around the country, it's a worrying time. But that's not for here as the 'lady' from Fat Fighters would say...... LOL!

Off the soapbox now.

Lisa
Oooops should read 'Status dog units'

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Iread a few years ago, that the CC had looked into this matter, and had discovered that an awful lot of their members were only members because it was the most convenient way of attending dog shows all round the country.

Maybe the CC have decided that they can find sufficient members who don't have dogs ..... and if the dog walks are turned into pitches .......

Feb 12, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for the link and I have logged my views on dogs on site and I hope others fed up with noise and mess do the same.

Brian
so much for getting on and tolerance,its not just dogs that are noisy or make a mess - try using the showers after unaccompanied children, or arriving on a pitch covered with *** ends!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A lot of the all breed Champ shows are held on showgrounds with 'camping' either free or dirt cheap.

I only used the CC Site near BHam when one of my dogs was entered at Crufts. However, I do remember a woman with about 20 little fluffies in her dirty van on that site though. LOL!

Lisa

May 4, 2005
Visit site
KATHERINE

30 Sep 2009 04:31 PM so much for getting on and tolerance,its not just dogs that are noisy or make a mess - try using the showers after unaccompanied children, or arriving on a pitch covered with *** ends!

Agree and if they had a survey on that I fill that in as well.

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
It looks as though the troll has crawled out early today

I will not be visible on the forum this evening so any other posts which have my name on will have come from the sad troll who is trying to cause problems for your forum.

Just ignore it and it'll crawl away if it ever sobers up.

Thanks for helping out Sue

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We had a dog, so I've completed the survey - but added the comment that if only all dogs were as good as their owners think they are, and all owners as good as they should be, there would be absolutely no problem. Unfortunately there sometimes is - we've been on sites with dog poo on the pitch, noisy dogs next door, unaccompanied dogs, snappy dogs, and dogs off leads. None of these should happen, but they do...... and they can be very annoying indeed, even for dog owners/dog lovers who have their own dog with them. Just because you don't like what happens doesn't mean you don't like dogs.

MJC

May 24, 2006
Visit site
I have posted my survey but as I said to the CC - mainly anti dog people will reply. We also need to get the FULL results - ie not a percentage but how many non doggy bods and how many doggy bods want change. Results can be skewed to show anything - I should know (accountant). Anyway it needs to be watched and if anyone sees anything in the small print in the future CC mags - SHOUT UP!

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
We had a dog, so I've completed the survey - but added the comment that if only all dogs were as good as their owners think they are, and all owners as good as they should be, there would be absolutely no problem. Unfortunately there sometimes is - we've been on sites with dog poo on the pitch, noisy dogs next door, unaccompanied dogs, snappy dogs, and dogs off leads. None of these should happen, but they do...... and they can be very annoying indeed, even for dog owners/dog lovers who have their own dog with them. Just because you don't like what happens doesn't mean you don't like dogs.
I completely agree, Val. We're not dog owners, although we have been in the past. I have no objection to people having dogs on site, indeed I think it would be terrible to ban them completely - so long as they are kept under control, not left in vans whilst the owners are out, their mess cleaned up straight away, not left to amble around freely off the lead and allowed to sniff/jump up at unwary passersby because the owners say "they're only being friendly". And yes I have completed the survey.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts